Where's Best Price on Sd reload ammq

This is a discussion on Where's Best Price on Sd reload ammq within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I've been using Midway anyone know of any place cheaper,I'm paying $28.00/100,.45cal/230gr Speer GDHP,my preferred SD round. Please to each there own about SD reloads,before ...

I've been using Midway anyone know of any place cheaper,I'm paying $28.00/100,.45cal/230gr Speer GDHP,my preferred SD round.
    Please to each there own about SD reloads,before you condem,you might want to get the latest reloading magazine and read the article in it about reloading SD ammo,It was an excellent read and shot down all Massad Ayoob so called points.
    As long as you reload like your suppose to your ammo should go bang every time too,matter of fact probably more so then mass produced ammo!
    I'm just interested in if anyone knows of a more inexpensive place,not looking for a debate or any ones opinion on if I should or not. Like I said,My choice. and you have your's and I'm not telling you what to do.I only say this because I know someone was apt to say something,they usually do!Thanks for any leads,be safe.

While I'm sure it's an excellent read, Mas Ayoob has the courtroom experience and credentials as a professional subject matter expert. I would lend more credence to him vs an article in a reloading magazine.

I would Google "self-defense reloads" and see what pops up.

IMO, I would only trust SD ammo from respectable sources with established and well-known (and legally defensible) standards.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    While I'm sure it's an excellent read, Mas Ayoob has the courtroom experience and credentials as a professional subject matter expert. I would lend more credence to him vs an article in a reloading magazine.

I would Google "self-defense reloads" and see what pops up.

IMO, I would only trust SD ammo from respectable sources with established and well-known (and legally defensible) standards.
    I am in complete agreement.

Let me ask the OP a couple of questions: What value (dollar-wise) do you place on your life and the lives of your family members? If you were buying a life jacket for boating, would you buy the cheapest you could find?

I have never understood the rationale for buying the cheapest life-saving devices. There's an old saying about being penny-wise and pound-foolish. Buying someone else's SD reloads falls into that category.

90 percent of what I shoot are my own handloads; I have never had one of them fail in 40 years of shooting. I STILL carry top of the line SD ammo from Federal and winchester when my life depends upon it.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    My personal SD ammo is loaded with the DPX bullet, but I am also fond of the "sporting" bullets from Nosler.

I buy most of mine at midway also,but there is graf and sons and, midsouth reloading supplies.The only problem with Graf is that they are out more than not.but they have free shipping. sj

I wonder if all the ammo you guys keep stocked away for that just in case day is all Brand name manufactured ammo? I doubt it ,so what's your rational?It would be alright to depend on it then because?

The best buy is to cast your own hpts for you 45. Use 20 to 1 lead tin mix. The expansion is positive and the price is right if you scrounge the lead.

This link will show you what the molds and bullets can do.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=85399

This is what I put in my .357 revolvers

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Gnarly looking HPs! Like to see one after a gel shot.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links