help with first loading press and parts choices.

This is a discussion on help with first loading press and parts choices. within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret A suggestion on setting the powder measure, weigh out the charge you are going to use then drop it into the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with first loading press and parts choices.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    A suggestion on setting the powder measure, weigh out the charge you are going to use then drop it into the empty powder measure. Raise the handle partway then screw the adjustment screw down just until you feel the powder. Throw a few charges and check them and make any adjustments until you get the charge weight you want. Good luck and have fun rolling your own.
    I add a step as well. I check the weights two ways when setting up the powder. I check each weight individually. I then throw it 10 times and checks the weight. If I am using 4.6 grains, then 10 should be 46 grains. I just like to do this to check for consistency. Just me, and my extreme obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to my press.

I am using the Dillion 550B - spent more than I should but I haven't been sorry. It is accurate, fast and their customer service is the best I have ever seen. However, I am sure you will be happy with your choice!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

I use a Lee 4 station turret press have thousands of rounds thru it Lee carbide dies in .38/.357, 409 s&w and 45 acp. I use the Leeauto disc powder measure with the Microneter adjustable charge bar, consistant charge weights. Taper crimp autos & roll crimp revolver rounds. I would also suggest a set of check weights for your scale.
    You can go to the Lee wweb site it has videos to help set up your press and dies.
    Have fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links