Finally did it...

This is a discussion on Finally did it... within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; After I don't know how many times of visiting the Dillon website and putting all kinds of goodies into the cart only to navigate away ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally did it...

JD [OP]
    Administrator

Finally did it...

After I don't know how many times of visiting the Dillon website and putting all kinds of goodies into the cart only to navigate away from the site I hit the "proceed to checkout" and ordered the XL 650 and some accessories.

I think I will keep my cursed Lee LoadMaster, only because I wouldn't want to pass that head ache to anyone else.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure you'll post pics of the setup once it arrives and you get it set up?
    Can't tell us your Lee never did you any good? Save it for historical value? Bet they'd eat it right up on EBay.
    Congratulations anyway....and glad you're feeling better now.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    The Lee did some good, I still came out way under the cost of a new press and learned alot about it and reloading but I don't know if I could still call it money well spent.

I've got some more work to do to the bench, but yeah I'll probably post pics of the old press configuration and the new set up.

I've got to get rid of the crappy bench top and get some decent wood on there, find a way to level the legs. and I'm probably going to mount the bench itself to the studs in the wall. Either that or I'm just going to get a more robust bench.

Your going to love it!! Congrats, and enjoy

Waiting for your update, trying to click the send order myself on a progressive.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Congrats JD what all did you end up getting witht he DIllion?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Congrats JD what all did you end up getting witht he DIllion?

I got the strong mount, aluminum roller handle, quick change kit (going to be set up for 9mm) .45 and 9mm die sets, X2 powder checks (one for each tool head), the 9mm caliber conversion a couple trays some case lube, a spare parts kit and the press cover.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I've got to get rid of the crappy bench top and get some decent wood on there, find a way to level the legs. and I'm probably going to mount the bench itself to the studs in the wall. Either that or I'm just going to get a more robust bench.
    Locking castors maybe? The best workbench I ever had was made from a discarded solid wood door. Maybe you can find one at one of those builders scrap yard places.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Locking castors maybe? The best workbench I ever had was made from a discarded solid wood door. Maybe you can find one at one of those builders scrap yard places.
    The floor isn't level, the bench is OK although a little on the wobbly side. If I can get it leveled out I'm just going to screw the back legs into the wall studs. As for the table top, I think I'm jsut going to get a couple of 2X4s and a sheet of ply wood cut to size. Either that or Sears sells the required size bench top in "butchers block"

The Lee did some good, I still came out way under the cost of a new press and learned alot about it and reloading but I don't know if I could still call it money well spent.

I've got some more work to do to the bench, but yeah I'll probably post pics of the old press configuration and the new set up.

Fire doors are your friend... I was looking at building a bench top a few years ago and happened to spot a fire-door from a business in the local landfill when I dumped a truck load of yard scraps... I don't normally "dumpster dive" but I couldn't help but bring it home. It makes a great bench top at 3" thick. Although, it is one heavy SOB. I built a frame for it out of 2x4's.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I got the strong mount, aluminum roller handle, quick change kit (going to be set up for 9mm) .45 and 9mm die sets, X2 powder checks (one for each tool head), the 9mm caliber conversion a couple trays some case lube, a spare parts kit and the press cover.

Awsome, when you get the case feeder buy some xtra primer feed tubes.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

A lot of woodworkers will use a solid core door for a bench. They are flat, heavy and tough.
    Being shot in the process of committing a crime provides potent Pavlovian conditioning to the perpetrator.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    The press arrived today....gotta get hoping on that new bench top...

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I did the same. Makes a great benck!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

OD*
    Congrats JD, you chose wisely.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links