.41 Bullets More Scarce Than Common Sense In D.C.

This is a discussion on .41 Bullets More Scarce Than Common Sense In D.C. within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; After a long search and wait a local gun/reloading shop called me and said they finally got some 210 gr jhp's in. Wow finally I ...

Thread: .41 Bullets More Scarce Than Common Sense In D.C.

After a long search and wait a local gun/reloading shop called me and said they finally got some 210 gr jhp's in. Wow finally I can shoot my old friend! They got in a whopping 3 boxes, yep 300 rds after a long backorder. They were not the XTP's I was looking for (Nosler), but I changed my schedule for the entire day so I could hustle over there and get my ration of 100. After some conversation with the nice man (and a lee tumbler purchase) he agreed to let me have another 100, cause the guy he was holding them for never called him back. Midway as well as others are backordered in this caliber, so if you use these and have a source, or a mold, you are doin well. Time now to crank out a couple of boxes for this weekend! Happy Labor Day to all.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

My friend, you need to discover cast bullets. Unless I am hunting, I use Keith style 215 grain bullets I buy from a private bullet maker, who also has a license to make ammo. If you like I can give you his number to order. His are much cheaper and just as good as some of the big names. A thousand will run about 45 bucks or so plus shipping.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There's a deal worth jumping on (^). Otherwise, have your local GS order the number of boxes you want--specifically for you. Then when they come in, no 100 limit--they're yours!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Shooters pro shop has nosler 41 caliber 210gr hpts (Seconds) available at 15usd per 100ct

http://www.shootersproshop.com/index...=393&t=Handgun

Put your order in for several hundred

Also NOE molds over at castboolits has several 41 mag molds for sale can cast either hpt or swc

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=91996

MP molds has a 41 cramer hpt mold for sale, can cast hpt or solid

http://mp-molds.com/shopping/pgm-mor....php?id=8&=SID

I have both NOE and MP molds for my 41 mag. I also bought some of the Nosler seconds. No more worry about bullets for my revolver.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post
    After a long search and wait a local gun/reloading shop called me and said they finally got some 210 gr jhp's in. Wow finally I can shoot my old friend! They got in a whopping 3 boxes, yep 300 rds after a long backorder. They were not the XTP's I was looking for (Nosler), but I changed my schedule for the entire day so I could hustle over there and get my ration of 100. After some conversation with the nice man (and a lee tumbler purchase) he agreed to let me have another 100, cause the guy he was holding them for never called him back. Midway as well as others are backordered in this caliber, so if you use these and have a source, or a mold, you are doin well. Time now to crank out a couple of boxes for this weekend! Happy Labor Day to all.
    I buy wholesale from Graf & Sons. They are larger than nearby Midway for reloading. I don't sell enough bullets to offset the shipping for small orders. I would rather just pass the info on to you if you can use it. http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...categoryId/557
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I do appreciate the info on the cast lead, and am familiar with the ups and downs of it as I used to run them through my 38. In light of the current drought of .41 jacketed I may have find some good hard cast stuff and work up a moderate load, maybe even get a mold... Thanks much for the links to some sources. Meanwhile I am going to the bench with 50 of the 210's in front of 20 grs of H110 and see how they shoot.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Fallacy! .41 bullets are scare in D.C. Common sense is non-existant.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsored Links