Lee clasic reloading kit

This is a discussion on Lee clasic reloading kit within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Howdy. I plan of reloading and have no experience at all. I am planning on reloading 357 and 38 special. A friend of mine sold ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee clasic reloading kit

Lee clasic reloading kit

Howdy.

I plan of reloading and have no experience at all.

I am planning on reloading 357 and 38 special.

A friend of mine sold me a Lee Clasic Reloading Kit for 5 dollars, but there where no instructions with it.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=702138

I am wondering if there PDF instructions online for this kit?

I have trouble following the utube vids and need a step by step with pictures.

My friend tells me that the 357 and the 38 special use the same kit.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    crankinNM,
    At the bottom of the page you linked to there is a link to this PDF file. It's only 3 pages but it is probably all the instruction needed for that style reloading set up.

I would advise you to invest in some reloading literature. I have one of Hornady's books but there are a multitude available. Oh and get a good powder scale and trickler. (good doesn't necessarily mean expensive)
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

That's a slow go.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's been a long time since I've loaded 38 and 357 but I think you can use 38 dies for 357 but not vice-versa.

Homework first! Get a good reloading manual and study up. I read my Speer manual twice before resizing the first case.

A good powder dropper will speed up the loading. Many prefer the electronic scales these days, but my old RCBS 505 beam scale never needs the batteries replaced.

Reloading is simple, take your time and do it right.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I am glad to hear of your interest in reloading, but the Lee system is archaic to say the least. You may be able to load 20 rounds in an hour, and to me, using dippers instead of a scale and powder measure is dangerous. It is very old technology.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Get yourself a Lee reloading manual.It will show you step by step with a single stage and a turret press.It also has a lot of reloading data in the back of the book.It will be money well spent.

+1 on the Lee manual best $15 bucks you can spend on reloading. Lee single stage is not archaic, but it is slow. For $5 it's a good start to see the process. I started on a Lee single stage and eventually moved to a Lee Classic Cast turret. You can load much faster and have less stuff hanging around. Many here poo-poo anything that isn't blue (Dillon), but Lee a good place to start and the cost is hard to beat. BTW if you get stuck, call Lee, 262-673-3075, they have been always easy to get a hold of and they go the extra mile for you.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    crankinNM,
    At the bottom of the page you linked to there is a link to this PDF file. It's only 3 pages but it is probably all the instruction needed for that style reloading set up.

I would advise you to invest in some reloading literature. I have one of Hornady's books but there are a multitude available. Oh and get a good powder scale and trickler. (good doesn't necessarily mean expensive)
    Perfect thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's been a long time since I've loaded 38 and 357 but I think you can use 38 dies for 357 but not vice-versa.

Homework first! Get a good reloading manual and study up. I read my Speer manual twice before resizing the first case.

A good powder dropper will speed up the loading. Many prefer the electronic scales these days, but my old RCBS 505 beam scale never needs the batteries replaced.

Reloading is simple, take your time and do it right.
    Yup.......no hurry......heh I don't even have my 357 yet.....it is on layaway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I am glad to hear of your interest in reloading, but the Lee system is archaic to say the least. You may be able to load 20 rounds in an hour, and to me, using dippers instead of a scale and powder measure is dangerous. It is very old technology.
    We will see(how many per hour). I will be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Get yourself a Lee reloading manual.It will show you step by step with a single stage and a turret press.It also has a lot of reloading data in the back of the book.It will be money well spent.
    Looks like the manual I will go with....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuqu2 View Post
    +1 on the Lee manual best $15 bucks you can spend on reloading. Lee single stage is not archaic, but it is slow. For $5 it's a good start to see the process. I started on a Lee single stage and eventually moved to a Lee Classic Cast turret. You can load much faster and have less stuff hanging around. Many here poo-poo anything that isn't blue (Dillon), but Lee a good place to start and the cost is hard to beat. BTW if you get stuck, call Lee, 262-673-3075, they have been always easy to get a hold of and they go the extra mile for you.
    +21 thanks for the link.

look up" precision reloading" on the net and it will pretty much guide you through it.I have had a lee single stage,a lee turret and a dillon square deal.I have loaded an awful lot of shells on my turret,plus you can reload both rifle and pistol on the classic turret.A dillon is good if you have a whole lot of reloading to do.With my turret I can load about 100 per hour without trying to rush,just keeping a steady rate.A single stage is ok for learning the basics,but whatever you do,do a lot of reading first before you even start to reload.

I wholeheartedly recommend Richard Lee's "Modern Reloading", (either addition). About the best book you can find for a beginner, and good to help you sort out what you really need, and what you really don't need. Thing I like about it, is that it is written with beginners in mind, and also with consideration of a reloader's budget.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghuqu2 View Post

The op did not show a single stage press in the link. What he will be using used to be called a "Lee Loader" and there is no press, and it is archaic! You hammer a ring which is the sizer, over the cartridge, then you hammer out the primer with a punch, then you seat a primer etc. etc. etc. .............there is no powder measure, instead you use a dipper and your charge weight is there abouts!

Don't forget, you are reloading 357 mag which is an extremely high pressure round!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links