Buckshot loaded 9mm

Buckshot loaded 9mm

This is a discussion on Buckshot loaded 9mm within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; OK, thought I would mess with some friends of mine and put two holes in one target but with one shot. My idea is to ...

Thread: Buckshot loaded 9mm

Buckshot loaded 9mm

OK, thought I would mess with some friends of mine and put two holes in one target but with one shot. My idea is to run 2 .355 lead balls on top of one another in a 9mm case. I know it wont be accurate much at all past 5 yards but I'm more or less I'm going for the "cool" factor. I know the two balls will end up having an overall length of .532 which when placed in the case should be leave me around .25 or so for powder. Can this load be done? The total weight the balls should fall between 120-140 grains. I just need to know if such a round could be done and what type of problems I might run into.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Senior Moderator
    People have been doing it for ages.
    There have been several commerical loads that featured 2 or 3 disks or balls for close range work.
    The hardest part is getting the crimp just right to keep the balls in there.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I know there was a .38 special load, but is there enough case in a 9mm to fit two balls and powder?
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Years ago I remember reading about putting BBs and steel rods in .357 shells and they had some pics showing some serious damage in raw chickens. I think the article was called Junkyard Dog Loads or similar. I wish I could recall how they were holding everything in... maybe parafin? Anyway, obviously in a revolver they were not concerned about feeding issues.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    OK, thought I would mess with some friends of mine and put two holes in one target but with one shot. My idea is to run 2 .355 lead balls on top of one another in a 9mm case. I know it wont be accurate much at all past 5 yards but I'm more or less I'm going for the "cool" factor. I know the two balls will end up having an overall length of .532 which when placed in the case should be leave me around .25 or so for powder. Can this load be done? The total weight the balls should fall between 120-140 grains. I just need to know if such a round could be done and what type of problems I might run into.
    Be very careful working up the load. You have reduced case volume a lot, which can seriously increase pressures.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Any tips on a minimum load to start with?
    -Hybridz.org

Sponsored Links