Is unique bulkier? - Page 2

Is unique bulkier?

This is a discussion on Is unique bulkier? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; 6 grains sounds like a lot to me. But powders are different. I use 3.8 grains of hodgdens titegroup with a 124 grain lead round ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is unique bulkier?

6 grains sounds like a lot to me. But powders are different. I use 3.8 grains of hodgdens titegroup with a 124 grain lead round nose boolit with good results.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I'm switching from using 231 to unique for 9mm and 124gr berrys round nose bullets.Three different books say 6.0 grains but it doesn't look right.It fills the case almost completely.It looks like if I try to seat a bullet it will compress the powder to some extent.I wanted to ask more experienced loads for their opinion.Thanks. sj
    When I used 231 it only called for 4.5 grains and it looked ok.
    Got out yesterday to test some 9mm loads using 124gr Montana gold hp bullets and Unique. 4.7 gr loaded to a length of 1.100 grouped well but 5gr loaded to the same length did very well. These were shot form a Sig 938. Small gun and barrel and shot at 7 yards so this by no means says this is the load but it does give me a starting point. And with this small gun self defense ranges are all that it would be needed for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links