Anyone reload carry ammo

This is a discussion on Anyone reload carry ammo within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; As always, one make s choices and then live with the results - to each his own. I'll continue to shoot my handloads for everything ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Anyone reload carry ammo

As always, one make s choices and then live with the results - to each his own.

I'll continue to shoot my handloads for everything BUT SD carry. The difference is cost is so slight to be not a consideration for me. I don't shoot hundreds of SD rounds a month.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chitlin View Post
    I guess that if a person buys ammo, you need to request documentation that it is factory loaded ammo and not "reloads". With this logic, Black Hills Blue Box would be considered "reloads" and lot sufficient for personal protection.

Oh well, to each their own. I still haven't seen case documentation that ammo is disassembled and components checked.
    Any decent police department ballistics lab has no problem identifying factory ammo from handloads. They have databases for just such things. As for case documentation, can you provide anything that says it DOESN'T happen? :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    In FL A GOOD shoot is just that ; )
    H/D
    That seems to be the way it is in SC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Attorney: You sir loaded you own bullets? You own Hollowpoint "death missiles"? To top it off, our ballistics "experts" says you put more powder in them than was needed. Guess you like "extra deadly" over "regular". You went out with a gun loaded with extra deadly bullets looking for a fight, hoping to KILL somebody.

Jury (Uneducated SHEEP).....BAAAAAAA (Gasp).
    My attorney replies:

"Yes, he did use hand loaded ammo, but if the great ballistics lab referred to in post #62 above that any decent police department has would have actually checked, they would see that the load my client was using in his justified shooting is equivalent to ammo that can be bought over the counter. You see, my client was shooting a 45ACP with a 230 grain Hornady XTP bullet that said ballistic lab chronographed at 850 FPS. We went to the local gun store and purchased a box of 230 grain Hornady XTP factory loads and chronographed them. They also chronographed at 850 FPS out of the same handgun. So to answer your asinine question, my client did NOT load hollow point "death missiles" at a higher than standard velocity, he loaded ammo that is the exact same as you and I can buy over the counter at any gun shop that sells ammo."

Jury: Light bulb comes on, sees through prosecutors BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    That's exactly what happens, if the ammo becomes an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    As for case documentation, can you provide anything that says it DOESN'T happen? :)
    Since you claimed it DOES happen, I was looking for proof.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links