X-Treme 9mm 115gr RN Load Data

This is a discussion on X-Treme 9mm 115gr RN Load Data within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Can anyone give me some starting load data for X-Treme 9mm 115GR RN bullets? I picked up a bag of 500 at the gun show ...

Thread: X-Treme 9mm 115gr RN Load Data

Can anyone give me some starting load data for X-Treme 9mm 115GR RN bullets? I picked up a bag of 500 at the gun show yesterday but, of course, X-Treme doesn't publish load data. Note: I'm using HS-6 and these are plated rounds, decent for blowing off at the range.

I've consulted my Lyman reloading manual and the Hodgdon reloading site (see screenshot). I'm thinking that 4.7gr of HS-6 is a good place to start. What do you think?

Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 8.48.41 PM.jpg

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Trouble with HS-6 is that it is a slow burner, and it is best used in heavier bullets at higher speeds. With plated bullets, you don't want to exceed 1200 fps, and that is where HS6 is at its best. At 4.7 gr HS6 may not cycle your gun reliably.

I would use a faster burning powder such as W 231/HP-38 with 115 gr. bullets, and use load data for lead bullets. Check out the Hodgedon load data site...good info:

Cartridge Loads - Hodgdon Reloading Data Center - data.hodgdon.com

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Thanks :) I was afraid of that. I've got some Bullseye on the way -- that's about as fast as you can get.

If all else fails, use the powder designed for mid-range to moderately heavy loads in medium calibers - Unique.

Just use the data for 115 grain lead bullets.

I burn more Unique in pistol cartridges than all other powders I have, combined.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Dont know about the 115's, but save the HS6 for 124 Jhp's and use 6.7 gr (double check any data!) seated to 1.125 (double check any data!!!). This a fantastic load from my 4" Auto. Good Luck
    Last edited by Rightwing; November 30th, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Wish I could help you out with HS6 data. I used to shoot a lot of it, but changed to WSF. 5.5gr WSF with that bullet loaded to 1.125" OAL does a solid 1150fps from a 4 inch barrel.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Aren't the x-treme bullets like the Barnes-x all copper bullets? If they are they're longer and have different loadings then lead and jacketed bullets. Call the powder manufacture for load data.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

No, Xtreme is copper plated over a lead core. Barnes is solid copper. Very different.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Sponsored Links