Your 10 MM Chrono test results ???

This is a discussion on Your 10 MM Chrono test results ??? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I'm trying to decide if buying a Glock 20 is worth the investment over what I have already. I'm currently shooting the .400 Cor-Bon through ...

Thread: Your 10 MM Chrono test results ???

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

I'm trying to decide if buying a Glock 20 is worth the investment over what I have already. I'm currently shooting the .400 Cor-Bon through my G21 in a conversion barrel. It's for fun and maybe as a side arm while hunting in the mountains where Black Bears encounters are a possibility. No Brown bears out this far East. Anyway. Not an EDC or regular shooting set up. I Chronographed some 165gr this weekend, they averaged out at 1390 FPS.

What are you guys that load or shoot 10MM averaging in your Chrono?

Thanks
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

That's a good amount of smack with the 165 grain ammo. I load some 165's for my 40 & they are down near 875 fps. These are just target & plinking loads, plated lead. I truly like the whole concept of woods carry, I don't worry all that much about black bears though. I feel fine with my 40 & stout 180 grn loads.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I have a box of 200 grain JHP that chronos over 1300fps. I have 180 grain TMJ rated and tested with average of 1275 fps. 180 grain at 1400fps could have been purchased at on time but the loader died. However, it's still out there.

I would think someone has 165 grain available with velocities well over 1400 or even 1500fps out there. I don't shoot less than 180 so I can't say for sure.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

180 gr XTP out of a 5" kimber run between 1480 and 1500 ft/sec, I dont shoot anything below 180gr
    MIA/POW , Bring em home or Send us back

Quote Originally Posted by papahawk View Post
    180 gr XTP out of a 5" kimber run between 1480 and 1500 ft/sec, I dont shoot anything below 180gr
    got the proof on this? From what I have read this is not from factory loads. Is this a reload?

no these are not factory loads. these are reloads that I have worked up too. factory loads for the 10mm are just glorified 40S&W.only a couple ammo suppliers load the 10mm to it potential. Buffulo bore and Cor-Bon are about it.
    MIA/POW , Bring em home or Send us back

Good source of 10mm Data:

10mm Reloading Forum - Glock Talk

Quote Originally Posted by papahawk View Post
    no these are not factory loads. these are reloads that I have worked up too. factory loads for the 10mm are just glorified 40S&W.only a couple ammo suppliers load the 10mm to it potential. Buffulo bore and Cor-Bon are about it.
    No one is putting a 180 grain bullet down range from a 5" barrel at 1485-1500 fps. Not even Underwood, Elite, Buffalo Bore, etc, and certainly not CorBon. 155 grain or 165 MAYBE, but not a 180. Please show real results for proof. Otherwise these claims are wishful at best.

Here is a list of MANY different loads tested from almost every company making 10mm ammo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...XM5cm9pZy16T0E

If you do the Facebook thing,check out "10mm ammo"-that guy chronos most everything 10mm-and videos it.

Sponsored Links