Lee autodisk

Lee autodisk

This is a discussion on Lee autodisk within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have a Lee 1000 progressive, and with the autodisk I can get 5.6 grns of powder or 6.9 grns. My powder says 6.8 max, ...

Thread: Lee autodisk

Lee autodisk

I have a Lee 1000 progressive, and with the autodisk I can get 5.6 grns of powder or 6.9 grns. My powder says 6.8 max, start 10% lower. My 5.6 is way below the 10% lower. My glock 19 has been cycling fine, but I am thinking that a little more powder would give me closer to factory loads and more realistic training.

Any ideas?

You need to order the double disk setup below from Midway,that way you can stack 2 disks and get closer to the amount of grains you are looking for
    Auto-Disk Powder Measure Double Disk Kit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks ordered the kit tonight. While at it I also ordered Press Case Collator for $11 and a new Arsenal electronic scale $20.

I use their adjustable charge bar on mine. Takes a little longer to set it up but it lets me dial in precisely what I want.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Thanks ordered the kit tonight. While at it I also ordered Press Case Collator for $11 and a new Arsenal electronic scale $20.
    You wanta watch out for those cheap electronic scales,I bought one and it was so hinky I went back to using my lee powder scale
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a Lee balance scale, but since I started wearing reading glasses I have a hell of a time using it. I figure for $20 I would give it a try, it also has some descent reviews.

Ditto on the disk stacking & inexpensive e-scales. Be sure to frequently verify the e-scale weights with your balance beam. I've been through a couple of e-scales and ended up saving my pennies and buying a Dillon and have been very happy with that decision. I do agree though that the Lee beam can be a bear to use, especially for those of us with older eyes.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Disks came and I'll probably do some loading this weekend. Does it matter when stacking the disks if the bigger (opening) disk is on top or bottom?

I have a Lee balance scale, but since I started wearing reading glasses I have a hell of a time using it. I figure for $20 I would give it a try, it also has some descent reviews.
    I would recommend getting a larger balance scale than the lee(RCBS, Hornady, Redding etc). Nothing wrong with the Lee and am not bashing it, I had one as well, and it was as accurate as any, but way too small and hard to read and operate.

Even if you decide to get a quality electronic, you will always need to have a good balance beam scale as a back-up. For me, I have an RCBS balance beam and a set of check weights and don't see the need for anything else.

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

Disks came and I'll probably do some loading this weekend. Does it matter when stacking the disks if the bigger (opening) disk is on top or bottom?
    Get two holes that are as close as possible to the same, and larger on the bottom.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Get two holes that are as close as possible to the same, and larger on the bottom.
    Thanks

Dear i think its electronic scale is good for all others scale..tell me whats a problem exist in the electronic scale??may be i solved your problem..it give accurate result for the measurement..i personally used it and it give good result.

Quote Originally Posted by Uinmo View Post
    Dear i think its electronic scale is good for all others scale..tell me whats a problem exist in the electronic scale??may be i solved your problem..it give accurate result for the measurement..i personally used it and it give good result.
    I am using electrical scale since 2009 and never ever faced any problem while using my electrical scale. My digital scale always shows accurate results of measurements. I don't know if someone facing any issue in weighing.

Sponsored Links