Sorting Range Brass - Page 2

Sorting Range Brass

This is a discussion on Sorting Range Brass within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; the range closest to me is a national forest range and there is no sighn in or charge to go and shoot and there is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sorting Range Brass

the range closest to me is a national forest range and there is no sighn in or charge to go and shoot and there is no one that watches the area or works there . . first come first to shoot . most week days i go there is no one there at all so i scour the
    area for brass and the occasional unfired round or two . but its gets cleaned up once a week so i usualy try to beat em there on or before thursdays when its gets cleaned and they empty the trash . (i admit to trash diving for brass) but so far ive got alot from there and other people who know i want shells and they collect at there personal shooting areas for me . its lookin like im
    getting a big stash of brass thats for sure !

One thing people don't seem to realize is that if the Government stopped all ammo sales to civilians tomorrow how much ammo would you actually have?
    I have a lot that isn't even made yet,about 70,000 primers and 40 pounds of pistol powder,10 pounds rifle powder,lead bullet casting equipment that I can make everything from handgun to 223 bullets with.So every time you turn useable brass in for scrap it costs more to produce the cases and just in case I will very likely have enough to keep me going until I die since I tend to buy new replacement components as I use up old stock of Primers/powder
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I haven't started reloading yet but I do pick up brass to prepare for the day that I do start to reload.

But, I've also developed more of an interest in revolvers than my semi-autos for many reasons but one of them being that I don't have to stoop over to pick up my brass.

I even save the 22lr brass casings from my SP101 that even though I can't reload I can sell for scrap someday. I paid for it, it's mine to do with as I please.
    You may be aware of this, but some people make .22 caliber bullets out of .22 casings (to fire in calibers such as .223 Rem in an AR)

I'm very thankful for my range. Its 2 miles from my house. (I live in a small town, so 2 miles equals 2 minutes to get there. ) There is no "office" staff, its self serve, do as you please. But, its well maintained, and there is NO fee to use it.

95% of the time I am the only one there, but somehow there is a lot of brass on the ground. Apparently people use it on the days I'm not there, and that explains why I rarely run into anyone. Bottom line, I usually have the range to myself, and lots of free brass! I pick it all up, and sort it at home, then sell what I don't need.

thats just like the range here . i have more of a drive to it but some days theres alot and others it seems like someone already beat me to em .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links