First press

This is a discussion on First press within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; RCBS pro 2000 progressive press. I am not going to buy a single stage so when I say this will be my first, accept it. ...

Thread: First press

First press

RCBS pro 2000 progressive press. I am not going to buy a single stage so when I say this will be my first, accept it. I am interested in opinions on this press. I have looked at the hornady of comparable price and and leaning to the rcbs. I have not had a chance to look at the dillon, but what if any are differences, advantages drawbacks?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BigJon10125; December 4th, 2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spell check
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Ive tried Hornaday, and RCBS. They both had problems that I constantly had to fiddle with to make work. Dillion was the only one that worked as fast as I could pull the handle. I still have the Lee progressive, and single stage presses because they are easy to change calibers. The Dillion now lives at my sons house but I still load on it. I also have an RCBS single stage press for swaging, and reforming brass. If you have the money its Dillion all the way. DR

Honestly, I have no experience with RCBS and/or Hornady presses.

I did do ALOT of research before buying my first press. It was/is a LEE Classic Turret. GREAT press!!! Trouble free and easily can switch over to other calipers. Get a nice rythem going and you'll be suprised how much you can load an hour.

I've learned alot using this press over the last 18months and I have zero intentions of getting rid of it. Even though I recently got a Pro1000 dedicated to 45acp only.

Good luck!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Links