.327 magnum

This is a discussion on .327 magnum within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Hey guys ( and gals ) I'm starting a thread to get some imput on the .327 magnum. Any one have one ? I have ...

Thread: .327 magnum

.327 magnum

Hey guys ( and gals ) I'm starting a thread to get some imput on the .327 magnum. Any one have one ? I have a smith and wesson 632 .327. I love it ! with a 115gr. bullet and 4.5 unqiue it is one or the most accurate guns I have ever shot !

Does anyone else share my love for the .32 ?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It is a baby .357 magnum, which has its place.
    Its merits ride on the low recoil, high performance/trajectory and ability to gain an additional round on the cylinder typically.
    If someone thought ammo availability for .357 sig is hard to scare up, this is even a bigger chore for this caliber.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    I have been considering one of these also. Looking forward to some good info.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Update. Using .32 magnum cases ( easy to find ) and using a 100 gr. SWC behind 5.0 unique is a very good load. Good for plinking and could be pressed into use for self defense.

I had one... really liked it but the one I had was a Taurus (yuk) and I couldn't stand the gun so much I sold it...even though I really liked the round. If S&W would make an affordable one in 327 I'd buy it... but last time I checked they were all $550+

If you troll gunbroker like I do ( I have six kids and four tv's LOL ) you can sometimes find a used one at a good price. I have two and the last on I bought was right at $ 525.00 for the gun, shipping and transfer.

VIP Member
    CDNN was selling Taurus .327s for $229 about a month ago. I know it's Taurus, but at that price it would be worth the gamble to me. I see a lot of upside with the .327 and not too much down side other than ammo price and availability. If you hand load then it's cheaper/easier to shoot.

My only problem with the .327 is that I'm already heavily vested in .357. I just don't want to switch.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Taurus revolvers aren't as bad as most make them out to be. Pay a lot less for a new revolver, and get a trigger job.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Links