Getting close to reloading soon...

This is a discussion on Getting close to reloading soon... within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; My LGS has a limit of 1lb of powder per person per day. I spent 45 minutes on line yesterday looking for 9MM bullits and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Getting close to reloading soon...

My LGS has a limit of 1lb of powder per person per day. I spent 45 minutes on line yesterday looking for 9MM bullits and finally found them for $10 per K more than I usually pay. Got 2K of 115GR bullits. I also have now gotten 3 lbs of additional powder. Things are really getting scarce. Glad i did an inventory to see what I needed to concentrate on. I will be rotating what caliber i shoot so I don't get close to running out of one caliber and then get limited on what to shoot.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post

It takes a long while to work through that much powder and half the reason to reload is to find the best loads for your purpose. Unless you are shooting someone's Bullseye rounds, you are needlessly locking yourself into a powder that may not be the best for you. Bullseye is a pretty fast powder, so while it has it's place, how do you know you wouldn't see better results with WST or Solo 100; or maybe something slower burning like 231, Universal or Unique? Personally, I've tried a bunch of powders and I have a bunch of 3/4 pound jugs of powder sitting around to prove it! I would have hated to get locked into any of them before I checked out some other varieties first.
    What do you have in the 3/4 jugs? I might be willing to take some off your hands. I use Universal most of the time but I could also use some Clays. Been wanting to check out some Titegroup.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    What do you have in the 3/4 jugs? I might be willing to take some off your hands. I use Universal most of the time but I could also use some Clays. Been wanting to check out some Titegroup.
    I think I'd be a little too far away from you to run any powder over to you!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links