Sellier & Bellot Primers????

This is a discussion on Sellier & Bellot Primers???? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I know nothing of reloading. I do want to get into reloading 38/357 and have knowledge to reload 9mm if needed. I managed to find ...

Thread: Sellier & Bellot Primers????

I know nothing of reloading. I do want to get into reloading 38/357 and have knowledge to reload 9mm if needed. I managed to find 30,000 Sellier & Bellot small pistol primers for $600 shipped and picked them up without knowing if they were good. I figured I could always get my cash back if needed. Anybody have experince with these primers for 38/357 9mm?

Sorry I can't really help you with the primer question. I have however shot a lot of S&B ammo in 9mm and .45acp and never had any issues.

VIP Member

There good!
    Not sure about if you can use them with mag loads but for 38 and 9 or 380 your fine
    I use small pistol magnum primers for 357

I'm sure you will get some money back
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

That is a good price, about $20/1,000. I wish I could find a deal like that.

I just checked the book and 357 uses Small pistol magnums, 9mm, 380, and others use small pistol.

Worst case you can always trade someone for some.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Thanks guys. I was lucky enough to find them last week at Grafs & Sons. I placed e-mail in stock notifications on all thier primers and wasn't expecting anything for 6 months. These poped up and I jumped on it, they were gone fast.

I would like to find somebody to trade 5000 magnums for 5000 small pistol. I'll be a few more weeks before I take delivery.

Good luck, I don't have either. I do need to get some small pistol, but not in a hurry yet. Have not seen either around for awhile.

BE safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

When I load 357 Magnum I use regular not magnum primers and never had an issue. That is one more different item to keep track of. I have large and small pistol primers from Winchester and Federal only. The Winchester Small Pistol will ignite 2400 powder very well and it is one of the best 357 Magnum powders I have used.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    When I load 357 Magnum I use regular not magnum primers and never had an issue. That is one more different item to keep track of. I have large and small pistol primers from Winchester and Federal only. The Winchester Small Pistol will ignite 2400 powder very well and it is one of the best 357 Magnum powders I have used.
    ^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^

Contrary to most opinions, there are many loads (powders) available for the .357 that do not require the use of a magnum primer.

Terry

Man, I hope you have better luck with all of them than I did. I found 2000 of them a few weeks back and just began loading them today. I made it through 1000 rounds with CCI, ran out, then started on my S&B stuff. Out of those next 500, I had to stop and break down my primer assembly four times cause the primers were getting clogged somehow in feeder. They were also hard to pick up into the tube from tray - kept flipping over. They were also hard to seat into my perfect, new cases. I finally had enough and put them away and started loading again with Fiocchi that I recently found. No problems with it or the CCI that I started with for the 9mm I was loading. I hated these S&B and won't ever use unless no other option, but hope you have a better experience! I wanted to like 'em...

Sponsored Links