Bought Any Bullets Lately ?

This is a discussion on Bought Any Bullets Lately ? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I went into an ace hardware last week.Saw some fmjs for a 45.I saw a price and just knew they were priced wrong,so i asked ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bought Any Bullets Lately ?

I went into an ace hardware last week.Saw some fmjs for a 45.I saw a price and just knew they were priced wrong,so i asked a clerk.Talk about price gouging,wow.They wanted 58.00 for a box of 50.I went out to walmart .They were selling a 100 rds of fmjs for 40.00.
    USM1976 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Bought Any Bullets Lately ?

I've had some luck at gun shops with ranges. Seems they put some back for shooting customers

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Divide post count by days since joining and learn something about the poster

Wanting to get into reloading, but components of everything aren't available at all. No bullets, no powders, no primers.

I haven't gone shooting and want to hold onto my limited ammo stores, but I might dig into them to shoot my first IDPA match next month.

I received 3K of 115GR Bullet Components from Midway 5 weeks ago that were only $10 per K than I had bought elsewhere 5 months ago. Not bad for getting ahead of the curve, but it took me almost an hour on line searching to find them and when I did I pounced on them. Already have pounds of powder and more than 25K of primers most of which were purchased before 2008.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

I just got two boxes of magtech .40 S&W .... 24.95 per 50 rnd box
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I bought 100 rounds of 45acp and 100 rounds of 357 from Walmart a couple of days ago. Didn't notice a price increase. I have plenty of ammo, but these days I buy it when I see it.

Got 1,000 9mm 124gr HBRN, and 500 .357 158gr RNFP from Berry's about 2 wks ago, and just got UPS confirmation on another 1,000 9mm 124gr HBRN coming from TJ Conavera's this Wednesday. It looks like bullets are beginning to free up. Prices seem to be up only about 5% to 8%.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

The items are around, you just have to look for them. I spent all day Wednesday driving around to various gun stores and did well. Picked up 6,000 primers of various sizes, a couple of LCP mags, 45 ACP bullets, 380 bullets and 357 jhp bullets (of which I do not have that gun, but it was a good deal I figured I could trade it for something). I hope things get back to a more normal state!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I lucked out today! First I went to a gun store a friend told me about - found 9mm ammo, not a great price but not too outrageous. So I bought a box (showed some self restraint and only bought one since the price wasn't great). Then after going to 3-4 different places I called my large local store to see if the Smith & Wesson order came in. They said not yet - check back later or tomorrow. So about 30 min later I see on their Facebook page the S&W's arrived and they had a few Shields in stock. I RAN over there and bought a Shield - well they only currently allow customers to purchase one box of ammo if they buy a gun or go to the range. So I bought a of 9 to go with my Shield. Then I went over to the range to test that baby out and they asked "do you need any ammo?" Why yes I do...was able to buy 1 more box. :) A great day - 3 boxes of ammo and a new Shield!
    srings and bmcgilvray like this.

Distinguished Member
    Now that's a good day - found some ammo, oh hey found a shield to go with it.
    Lish likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I've put off my entry into reloading because of the scarcity of primers and bullets.

It'll turn around.

I'm dragging the bottom the barrel here in TX, I have a core supply of ammo that I prefer and am being very judicious on when I use it. Range trips are heavily curtailed and I've been forced to shoot ammo that I wouldn't normally based on limited access. I've said numerous times to myself "I will never buy WWB or Tula again", I have boxes of both at home right now just because I can't get anything else.

went by wally on Sat. perfect timing.
    picked up 3 boxes of .45ACP

unfortunately they didn't have any 22lr
    or 9mm for the mother inlaw. got to keep hunting for her. b-day is coming soon

I bought 40 S&W today at Walmart at about 5% more than before the craziness. But they had PLENTY. However, they had hardly anything else. 40 seems abundant and normally priced. That said, my LGS's want $23 per 50 rounds of 9mm (and $750 for a Glock 19, $650 for a 9mm shield, and the list goes on). I won't be shopping at either of them EVER again.
    Attached Images
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

its hit or miss here in wisconsin...depends on the day and where u go...i try to hit walmart on the way home every day from work since its right there. got lucky last week and got 10 boxes of .223 from gander mountain.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links