Bought Any Bullets Lately ?

This is a discussion on Bought Any Bullets Lately ? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Maybe should rephrase that to "try to buy any bullets lately". I still have a fair supply but thought I'd check around to see how ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bought Any Bullets Lately ?

Maybe should rephrase that to "try to buy any bullets lately".

I still have a fair supply but thought I'd check around to see how inflated the prices
    have gotten.

Instead of cost availability is the real problem ... MidWay, CTD and others simply don't
    have any and no back orders. Oh they have some .10 and .32 but that's about it.

This will certainly curtail my range time !
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I haven't even bothered trying to find any in the several weeks. When I bought a new shotgun last week at a pawn shop I asked what they had, was really just looking for some 38 (have a new to me revolver that I haven't even shot yet!) They had a little of that, 9mm and maybe a little other stuff, but it was ALL WAY overpriced (not that I blame them). I'm not interested in over paying just to go target shooting.

I have a few buddies who keep going to academy and sportmans on delivery days and waiting in line to be allowed to buy 3 boxes at a time. I have my little stockpiles, so I'm not interested in any of that. Even if I was I couldn't go through all that just to go blast it at the range.

I've just decided range trips are on hold until ammo is easily/widely available again.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I haven't found any locally that I could use in 6 weeks. I went to the range for the first time in as long on Monday and shot one of my boxes. That leaves me with only one left. :( Walmart has a 3 box limit, my LGS has a 1 box limit - but so far when I've gone I've found nothing.

I got so excited last night talking to a dad at football practice, he said he has 1 box of 9 ammo minus about 5 rounds but no longer owns a 9 - I offered to buy it from him, he said he had no use for it, he'll just give it to me.
    AZ_Larz_NY likes this.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    My LGS has 40 S&W in good supply but not much of anything else. Glad I shoot the G27

Going to be taking some classes soon so trying to keep my supply up.

Bought 100 .45 from my lGS. On Target 230 grain for $21 per box of 50. Two box limit.
    Remington 250 pack of 9mm for $125.

Lead Moderator
    Ammo is scarce, bullets seem to be even more so. Was hoping to start loading for .223 , but lack of bullets is making me hold off.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Just bought 2, 50 round boxes of .40 180 grain for $18 +a box at WalMart yesterday....

I cast any bullets I need to reload whatever I need to.Somebody texted me about one of their friends that can't find ammo anywhere,I'm currently loading him 100 9mm,100 40,100 45,told him it was gonna cost him $55 for the 300 rounds,I think he is ecstatic
    Spade115 and ZOMBIEvs42 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Yeah. My latest batch of personal defense cost me only 48$ shipped for a box of 50 Ranger T's in .40

Edit: sorry, i just realized this is in reloading and you were probably talking about bullets only.

I bought a 250rd box of UMC 9mm, a 50rd box of WWB 40sw, and 2 20rd boxes of AE 55gr 223 at Walmart this morning in Louisville. $96 total.

Found some .40 cal and .45 ACP yesterday at a local Wal-Mart...hollow point and ball. Winchester White box on both...I don't own a 9MM but that stuff is rare anymore...

I got Plenty off prmers,powder & Lead,,, I have a few molds ; ) PS I Don't need no bullets
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Ammo is scarce, bullets seem to be even more so. Was hoping to start loading for .223 , but lack of bullets is making me hold off.
    Haven't done any reloading for several years, since I quit shooting IHMSA Metallic Sihlouette. Decided to get back into it and discovered that .223 dies are impossible to find--everyone has them on backorder--the price of bullets, powder, and primers has sky rocketed since last I reloaded, and you can't find the components anyway! I do have a set of dies on backorder from Brownell's. And am trying to find some bullets and powder. I still have a few hundred primers. Things sure have changed!!!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Local Wally World has been out of stock for weeks. Today they finally had some .380 and .38 special available. Not was I was looking for but nice to something on the shelf.

Some places its harder to find but a few shops had some 9mm and 5.56. And wally world has a 3 box limit and I grabbed my 3. Its starting to come back a little. But dang cant find 22lr anywhere and that is just nuts in my book.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links