Tula Primers.

Tula Primers.

This is a discussion on Tula Primers. within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Just got back fron a gun show and had to pay $40 for a brick of 1,000 CCI LPP. They had a bunch of Tula ...

Thread: Tula Primers.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Tula Primers.

Just got back fron a gun show and had to pay $40 for a brick of 1,000 CCI LPP. They had a bunch of Tula primers there at $20 but I passed as not knowing about them. Anyone ever use them?. Thanks!!.

VIP Member
    I pretty much only use Tula primers anymore. I can't put an exact number on how many I've used, but it's over 10k and I honestly think I've seen one light strike misfire. That's it.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

During the 2008 run on ammo, Tula was all that was available around me.

I remember one show where a guy near the front had a table full of of Tula primers, but many passed him up looking for the name brands. By the time they figured out there weren't any there, Tula guy was OUT!

I have used them for 4 years or better and never a problem. I even like the way they are packaged.

$40-yikes! For range use, I don't hesitate to use Tula. I've never had a problem with their LPP but I have fun into an occasional SPP that won't go bang. Be aware they require more seating pressure than CCIs. I've read that they are harder, but they could be a little greater diameter, too (ha, I guess I could measure them to see, couldn't I).
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

The Tula primers come in the same outside 5000 promer packaging that Wolf came in,I think Tula just bought out Wolf,I would have bought all the Tula that he had,even If I get a $17-$19 1000 price online and buy about 30,000 by the time I figure Shipping and HazMat I got at least $20 1000
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links