Somewhat inexpensive Case Trimmer

This is a discussion on Somewhat inexpensive Case Trimmer within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have been researching powered case trimmers for awhile,some cost over $400.I saw this setup that runs in a power drill for $69.99 and it ...

Thread: Somewhat inexpensive Case Trimmer

I have been researching powered case trimmers for awhile,some cost over $400.I saw this setup that runs in a power drill for $69.99 and it seems to trim cases quick and very uniform in fact out of 5 cases they were all within .001.I was impressed enough after watching the video to buy one.
    World's Finest Trimmer at Little Crow Gun Works
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    For about $15, the Lee ball cutter and case trimmer will do the same thing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The lee trimmer indexes off of the base so that you get a true over all length. Not just a neck length. DR

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    The lee trimmer indexes off of the base so that you get a true over all length. Not just a neck length. DR
    After sizing 5 cases he checked OAL and they were all within .001 of the first one,the Lee trimmer he used after 5 cases with one being too short to trim the other 4 the COAL was varying by as much as .007.
    The lee ball trimmer may work great if your only trimming a few cases,but if your trimming several thousand your gonna be at it for a long time.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsor
    That wasn't a lee trimmer in the vid. Probably Hornady(?)

Yeah, the lee trimmer is slower but about 1/10 the price. I'm looking at their new Quick Trim system, if it's ever in stock

This WFT looks good though. Fast, easy and fairly inexpensive.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Either requires that you size (FLsize preferred) before you trim. I have used bench mounted, Lee trimmer as discussed, and as of late, the WFT. The accuracy of the WFT is dependant on the neck dimension of the sized round, which means if you are realistic/accurate with your re-sizing, the OAL of your trimmed brass follows suite. This little bugger works great!! My trimmed brass is within 0.001", and I can trim 100-150 in 10 minutes without breaking a sweat. I have the .223, but will very soon purchase the .308 as well. These are perfect for the high volume (and painstaking) calibers.

Terry

VIP Member
    I've been using a WFT for a while now and I have no complaints. It's a very good compromise; it's much faster than any of the other manual trimmers and it's nowhere near as pricey as the other powered options.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Sponsored Links