Lowes Tomorrow!

This is a discussion on Lowes Tomorrow! within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I am going to lowes tomorrow to get the materials to start my reloading bench! I am thinking two cabinets spaced 4 feet apart with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lowes Tomorrow!

Lowes Tomorrow!

I am going to lowes tomorrow to get the materials to start my reloading bench! I am thinking two cabinets spaced 4 feet apart with space for a chair in between, and a wooden table on top of those. Then a pegboard/ shelf space on the wall behind the table. May I please see your reloading bench set up? Any other ideas?
    Jabraun

2. Remove Ads

003.jpg

This works for me. Its a cheap bench from Menards.

I bought a workbench hardware kit and some lumber from Home Depot, and built mine.

mine is about 33" tall by 30" deep by 60" wide. The back is built up to 84"
    Sister likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    One thing I'll add is that you really want that tabletop well attached to whatever is under it. When you start pressing (some calibers more than others) you will quickly find out if your setup isn't solid.

I used these plans to build my bench, although I didn't do the cabinet part, just the bench. The cabinet is very nice but I'm not that industrious!

Reloading Bench Plans
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    It may be too late so if you're under construction, rock on. For a table top, my Dad's bench was a solid core door rather than lumber. He must have priced it and found it cheaper than 3/4 plywood. Made a nice bench and the size was about perfect.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Oh yeah. Take a look at the spacing of mounting holes for your press and vice, which you'll eventually need. Factor that spacing as you build the frame for attaching the top.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    003.jpg

This works for me. Its a cheap bench from Menards.
    This is what I have except I dont have that fancy blue press. Just a lee pro 1000. It gets the job done for me tho.

My bench is 4 foot deep, 6 foot wide and comes up to my waist. It 4x4 post, 2x6 framing and the table top is 2 layers of thick plywood. It's a monster. I like the fact that I have enough room under it to store whatever I want or put large cabinets underneath. I can beat the snot out of it and it holds solid. I built it specifically for loading.

I plan to put a florescent light over it and other organizing stuff. It's a beast.

There are many options. Play around. This works for me.
    Attached Images
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    This is what I have except I dont have that fancy blue press. Just a lee pro 1000. It gets the job done for me tho.
    I had a Lee Pro 1000 about 20 years ago and I reloaded thousands and thousands of .38 and .357 rounds and it performed flawlessly. Decided this time around I'd try the fancy blue one, works great.
    As long as they all go boom when they are supposed to all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by likesbigbullets View Post
    My bench is 4 foot deep, 6 foot wide and comes up to my waist. It 4x4 post, 2x6 framing and the table top is 2 layers of thick plywood. It's a monster. I like the fact that I have enough room under it to store whatever I want or put large cabinets underneath. I can beat the snot out of it and it holds solid. I built it specifically for loading.

I plan to put a florescent light over it and other organizing stuff. It's a beast.
    Reminds me of a workbench I built at my first home. Only difference was I used oak tongue and groove 1x3 flooring instead of plywood for the top. Sanded and finished with a nice stain and poly coat. Solid and beautiful but
    I had to leave it behind when I sold that house because there was no room for woodworking at the home I moved to.

Know someone who built the same bench as TX Expat and can attest to its sturdiness. Don't care for the construction of the cabinets - actually found them to be a pain. One addition to the plans was putting locking castors on the legs to be mobile. Pay attention to the height as it can make a real difference in comfort while reloading - may want to do some experimenting with that before committing to a bench.

Let's See Your Reloading Bench

Have you checked out this previous thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    One thing I'll add is that you really want that tabletop well attached to whatever is under it. When you start pressing (some calibers more than others) you will quickly find out if your setup isn't solid.

I used these plans to build my bench, although I didn't do the cabinet part, just the bench. The cabinet is very nice but I'm not that industrious!

Reloading Bench Plans
    That is a nice set of plans, being I am a woodworker perhaps I will build one myself..Thank You
    TX expat likes this.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Welcome to the Addiction! IMHO reloading changes your life! Sometimes I think that become a Crack addict may have been cheaper. Reloading is awesome and gives you a whole new satisfaction and appreciation in the shooting world.
    airslot likes this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links