Big Score!

Big Score!

This is a discussion on Big Score! within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; So after buying a lee single stage press, I was looking for a set of carbide dies, after looking on eBay I was about to ...

Thread: Big Score!

Big Score!

So after buying a lee single stage press, I was looking for a set of carbide dies, after looking on eBay I was about to fork over 49.99 for a 3 die set... (Too much)! So I did one last search online and found that Cabelas had a huge selection of reloading equipment! I picked up 250 9mm bullets ($28) some fishing lures and finally my 9mm dies ($33)!! One happy guy right here! Check cabelas often if you're looking for equipment!
    Jabraun

That's very good to hear. I haven't seen any 9mm components in a long time. I think uranium is easier to find than small pistol primers. I'm seeing signs of easing. Guns are back on the shelves at all my sporting goods hangouts. Ammo is still spotty, but appears to be getting better. Reloading components will probably be the last thing to come back.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Yeah, I've been looking for .45 ACP dies (4 set) forever, and Cabelas had some in. Of course a few days after I placed the order, I get an e-mail from fsreloading saying they're back in stock... oh well... small price difference.

Jabraun, I don't know where in Ark you are, but I am just over the river and through the woods outside Memphis. I'll be right there after you get some "loaded up".

Enjoy your new toys.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I hear you. I've been looking for .40 dies since picking up my .40. I've seen them a few times on ebay but havent been able to pay the prices.I need to pick up another reloading manual or two. I have a layman I've been using for a few years and then some data that came from a couple of different mfg. I have plenty of CCI 500 and 550 primers but not sure about using them since every load in my book, booklets and sheet call for winchester small pistol. Since I've only been loading for a few years and only .357/.38 I'm extemely cautions.

I walked into Grafs in St. Charles the other day and they had 4 hole Lee Turret plates and the .40 dies I'd been waiting forever for. Also had Winchester SPP on the shelf and quite a few other pistol die sets. I think things may be getting back to normal.

Sponsored Links