Question about Sellor & Bellot primers

This is a discussion on Question about Sellor & Bellot primers within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I picked up a couple of Seller & Bellot small primers during the panic because they were all that I could find. I bought them ...

Thread: Question about Sellor & Bellot primers

I picked up a couple of Seller & Bellot small primers during the panic because they were all that I could find. I bought them with the intention of using them in my 9mm target loads. I was looking over the box again today and I noticed that they said "For small pistol, rifle and revolver loads". I have never seen that before. I've always used CCI and Winchester primers and they are labeled small pistol, small rifle, etc. My question is this - Does anyone know if the Seller & Bellot primers are actually really designed to be used for small rifle loads or is it the same concept as using a small pistol primer in a small rifle load? I have heard of some folks doing that but I have also heard that it is not advisable.

Thanks
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I have never used S&B primers for reloading. I have used S&B 12G rounds and had nothing but positive results with same. If I had my druthers I'd have 10,000+rounds of S&B rounds. HUA
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    PANTS UP DON'T LOOT!!....A Kentucky Rifle behind EVERY BLADE OF GRASS!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

At one of the best reloading stores in my State, I bought a bunch of S&B small pistol primers for 9mm. I specifically asked about them, and told they were good to go.

If it helps any, at the time I bought mine, they were limited to 2K per customer, and people were grabbing them as quick as they could.

I havent used any yet, but I have shot tons of S&B factory loads, with very good results.

Sponsored Links