Question about Sellor & Bellot primers

This is a discussion on Question about Sellor & Bellot primers within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I picked up a couple of Seller & Bellot small primers during the panic because they were all that I could find. I bought them ...

Thread: Question about Sellor & Bellot primers

Question about Sellor & Bellot primers

I picked up a couple of Seller & Bellot small primers during the panic because they were all that I could find. I bought them with the intention of using them in my 9mm target loads. I was looking over the box again today and I noticed that they said "For small pistol, rifle and revolver loads". I have never seen that before. I've always used CCI and Winchester primers and they are labeled small pistol, small rifle, etc. My question is this - Does anyone know if the Seller & Bellot primers are actually really designed to be used for small rifle loads or is it the same concept as using a small pistol primer in a small rifle load? I have heard of some folks doing that but I have also heard that it is not advisable.

Thanks
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

I have never used S&B primers for reloading. I have used S&B 12G rounds and had nothing but positive results with same. If I had my druthers I'd have 10,000+rounds of S&B rounds. HUA
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

At one of the best reloading stores in my State, I bought a bunch of S&B small pistol primers for 9mm. I specifically asked about them, and told they were good to go.

If it helps any, at the time I bought mine, they were limited to 2K per customer, and people were grabbing them as quick as they could.

I havent used any yet, but I have shot tons of S&B factory loads, with very good results.

Links