media seperators

media seperators

This is a discussion on media seperators within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have been looking for a media seperator tonight and was wondering can you just buy the cage to put the bass in to seperate ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spovik
  • 1 Post By Arborigine

Thread: media seperators

media seperators

I have been looking for a media seperator tonight and was wondering can you just buy the cage to put the bass in to seperate the media used to clean them?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    the way to be safe is never to be secure.
    Benjamin franklin

Yes, you can get a media separator from Midway USA (Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear ? MidwayUSA), or Berry's Mfg (Berry's Manufacturing ? Over 50 Styles of Plated Bullets). They work very well. I have the one from Berry's.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I use this with an appropriately-sized bucket to separate the polishing media from my brass. Cheap and effective.

Frankford Arsenal Standard Media Separator
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I cheaped out and got a big plastic strainer from either WalMart or the dollar store. Might work for you at a fraction of the cost, though there is still a bit of case dumping you need to do.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

I have the RCBS one. Not overly impressed with. The plastic hinges always seem on the verge of breaking.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Lead Moderator
    http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.co...dia-separators. Here is what I have , it works well enough.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    I cheaped out and got a big plastic strainer from either WalMart or the dollar store. Might work for you at a fraction of the cost, though there is still a bit of case dumping you need to do.
    This is the same way I went. It takes a little more sifting, but hard to beat for the price!
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Here ya go, plastic classifier fits on a 5 gallon bucket. Common item here in gold mining country, but you nearest Big 5 should be able to get you one, or many online vendors.

Stansport 14" Classifier with Plastic Screen Gold Panning

size-os.jpg
    Easy8 likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

VIP Member
    I also use a simple one, it came with my polisher from Cabela's. It works. As with all of them you do have to do a bit of case dumping, especially with rifle cartridges. Maybe one of those hand crank contraptions would be easier... I'm too cheap to spend any money to find out.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

agalindo
    I have a 3 gal bucket and a small wire mesh trashcan from the dollar store. Bucket 2.99 wire mesh trashcan 1.00.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I also use a simple one, it came with my polisher from Cabela's. It works. As with all of them you do have to do a bit of case dumping, especially with rifle cartridges. Maybe one of those hand crank contraptions would be easier... I'm too cheap to spend any money to find out.
    I bought the Berry's "kit", as I needed another vibratory cleaner anyway. It came with the small size corncob, and the clamshell seperator and the "tub" that the clamshell fits in. Best $99 I ever spent. The cleaner works so much better than the last two Lymans, and the RCBS that I have used in the last 30+ years. And the seperator is well worth purchasing, it drops all the media out of a buttload of rifle cases in just a few turns. I will buy another to streamline my "processes".

Terry

Got the turbo magnum when done there is a door on the side of the tumbler you open turn on machine dumps media in big bowl that comes with it. Than all you have in tumbler is brass.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Some 2x2s and rabbit wire work great.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Sponsored Links