need a load for 100 gr HBWC for 38 spl

This is a discussion on need a load for 100 gr HBWC for 38 spl within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have a bunch of 100 gr. HBWC bullets that I want to load as a light target load for my wife in her 38 ...

Thread: need a load for 100 gr HBWC for 38 spl

I have a bunch of 100 gr. HBWC bullets that I want to load as a light target load for my wife in her 38 special. I can't seem to find any loading data for these bullets. I'm looking at loading 2.5 to 3 grains of Bullseye, but I would like to have some confirmation on do it. Any suggestions? thanks...

I can't access Steves Reloading pages I have a malware warning,but IMHO that sounds like it should work I'd start light and work up,if you have access to a chronograph that will help
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Check Hornady or Speer's web site. I always check my reloading manuals before starting a new load. Go out and buy a manual or two.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

All of the reloading manuals that I have access to start with 110 gr. bullets for 38 spl. I can't find anything for 100 gr.

I'll check my manuals and see if they have the 100 grain hbwc. If you have a load for 110 grain hbwc then you can start at the min and work up from there.

Maybe someone on here will chime in with a start load for you. I'm sure you have manuals already. I generally shoot the 148 and 158 grain bullets.

Checked my manuals and have loads for lead 90 and 92 grain bullets but no 100 grain.

Even checked the program "Reloaders Reference v 9.73x74r and it to only has loads for lead in the 90 or 110 grain range.

You can use the data for the 110 load. Just start at the bottom and work your way up slowly.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.

Links