got some powder finally

This is a discussion on got some powder finally within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have been collecting things here and there for reloading my .40 cal. all I need now will be some bullets. I just picked up ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By usmc0811
  • 1 Post By chiltech500

Thread: got some powder finally

got some powder finally

I have been collecting things here and there for reloading my .40 cal. all I need now will be some bullets. I just picked up a pound of hodgdon HS-6 powder for $35 at a local gun shop, I feel it was not priced to high, heck if I got it online I would have to pay the $27 dollar or whatever it is hazmat fee. Is this a good and fair price or not? I did not really shop around I just saw it and grabbed it on the spot. I did see online it going for like around 22-30 bucks but like I said there would be a hazmat fee. There was also a gun show this weekend but never got to it to see what they had but then it was a far drive away and the $10 bucks to get in makes it not worth it and I would have been pressured into picking other good stuff up that I do not need or can afford right now. So soon I will be cranking them out I hope, all the reviews I have been reading on the HS-6 seem good. well thanks for reading this long drawn out question.
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I sure feel your pain, and know what an accomplishment it all has been for you. I went thru all of that a few months ago, but after sandy hook.

I needed EVERYTHING for 38 spec, 9mm, and .223. The press, all the powders, dies primers, bullets, you name it. Oh, and of course one cant forget all the various manuals, lol. I like having a number of different manuals on hand. I learned that much from shotshell reloading.

I was sort of lucky. I had Nashville, and clarksville nearby, so between the two cities, I was able to get what I needed. Well, now that I think of it, I wouldnt mind some new brass. Thats one thing I didnt worry about very much, but never did find. I would kind of like to do the first loads with all the same brass. Im sure that wont last long, but for the first runs.

Missouri Bullets reasonable and has reasonably priced new brass, but I only get 45 ACP don't know what else they have - check it out yet?
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiltech500 View Post
    Missouri Bullets reasonable and has reasonably priced new brass.
    Thanks, chiltech! No I have not. I pretty much stayed with local stores, as I was new to it all, and wanted their advice for the other components. For brass, I dont mind ordering now. Nor the other stuff, now that I know something about it.

Links