9mm bullets

This is a discussion on 9mm bullets within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I am looking for some 147 grain hollow points full metal jacket for my 9mm to reload. Has anyone had any luck in locating any ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By grbr

Thread: 9mm bullets

9mm bullets

I am looking for some 147 grain hollow points full metal jacket for my 9mm to reload. Has anyone had any luck in locating any of these types of bullets. I am just about to give up. I think Uncle Sam has bought them all out. Cabelas, Midway, and some of the other major manufactures don't seem to have them.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I got a thousand of them from Dillion a couple of months ago. They were Berry's Plated 147 9mm that I got to load subsonic to shoot through a suppressor. Check out the Dillon website.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would suggest checking: Berry's Mfg, T J Conavera's, Dillon Precision, Natches Shooter's Supply. I am sure there are others, in fact I use other sources, but those sites are on a different computer.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Just bought some from berry's 115gr .356dia fmj

Quote Originally Posted by adampappy View Post
    147 grain hollow points full metal jacket for my 9mm to reload
    Hollow points and full metal jacket bullets are different. Do you mean you're looking for full metal jacket OR hollow point (you'd be ok with either one), or do you mean you want JHP (Jacketed Hollow Point)? If you meant JHP...then does it have to jacketed, or will plated do?

I'm honestly not trying to be a pedantic jerk, I really am not sure exactly what you're asking and figure you'll get better answers once we clear that up :)
    msgt/ret and Echo_Four like this.

For JHP, I go to Montana Gold, Precision Delta, Zero Bullets, and Magnus--however, I am using 124-125gn JHPs or cast.
    Precision Delta has 147gn FMJ-FPs.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    Berry's 9mm 147 RN bullets from Dillon, 1000/$110. Request their catalog, even if you never buy anything from them. Their front cover is always interesting!

My last order for 147 JHP was from Zero (order through Roze Distribution). Although these are JHP, they are not defensive rounds, but great for practice if you use that weight bullet for carry. I like using WSF for this weight of bullet.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

The 9MM 147GR HP Boolits are in alot of cases easier to find than FMJ. I have a couple K of the HP variety and they load and shoot great.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Links