Little crow case trimmer

Little crow case trimmer

This is a discussion on Little crow case trimmer within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Anyone have experience with the little crow case trimmer? If so I would appreciate your comments. thanks. http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Exsimguy1

Thread: Little crow case trimmer

Little crow case trimmer

Anyone have experience with the little crow case trimmer? If so I would appreciate your comments. thanks.

http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

I have seen these before, and although it looks fast I don't see how it would be accurate using typical range pickup brass. If its only used on brass from my gun it looks like a time saver. It indexes off the case shoulder, so using mixed brass that may have the shoulder pushed out or back it would give you a false trim. I have used the Hornaday trimmer for years and can say that if I was getting the results they show in the video Id have dumped it years ago! Even the little lee trimmers work and are fairly quick. DR

Yes
    Works great
    Buy one
    You won't be disappointed.

You must always size before trimming anyway, and shoulders are seldom further back than where they should be, unless of course you are sizing too far, then you have more problems than OAL of your brass.

Terry
    Last edited by Exsimguy1; December 24th, 2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
    flintlock62 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I don't size unless the case has never been fired in my barrel. I think it's best not to. It's what is called "fire formed brass". All that needs to be done, is size the neck, and trim to length.

Quote Originally Posted by Exsimguy1 View Post
    Yes
    Works great
    Buy one
    You won't be disappointed.

You must always size before trimming anyway, and shoulders are seldom further back than where they should be, unless of course you are sizing too far, then you have more problems than OAL of your brass.

Terry

VIP Member
    I've processed a ton of .223 with one and it works very well. It's about a billion times easier than trimming the cases by hand! It does index off the shoulder but if you properly size your brass before hand, it'll produce fine results. All my .223 is range brass and I've never had any issues with any incorrect lengths.

For the price, I'd highly recommend one, especially if you are doing a lot of case trimming for one caliber. If you aren't doing large quantities, I don't know that it'd be worth it, but I guess if you just detest hand trimming, then it'd work fine for small quantities as well.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    I don't size unless the case has never been fired in my barrel. I think it's best not to. It's what is called "fire formed brass". All that needs to be done, is size the neck, and trim to length.
    Yes, neck sizing only, can work in some rifles, with everything set to work accordingly. Most .223 used today, are used in AR type rifles, and neck sizing only would require extreme diligence, to negate feed issues, but that is another story.

The main reason I made the statement to size first, is that some attempt to trim to length, before sizing, and that is poor practice, no matter the device used.

Happy loading,

Terry

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links