Powder Coating Lead Cast Bullets

This is a discussion on Powder Coating Lead Cast Bullets within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Anybody else doing this instead of the traditional lube. I've been shooting these for several months and love the results. 3bf6d519-bbaf-45bb-9660-dd4b1cc23adc_zps167a50f3.jpg fd345132-8366-46fd-a234-1d6a69c8a8ba_zps57bbf85d.jpg...

Thread: Powder Coating Lead Cast Bullets

agalindo

Anybody else doing this instead of the traditional lube. I've been shooting these for several months and love the results.

3bf6d519-bbaf-45bb-9660-dd4b1cc23adc_zps167a50f3.jpg

fd345132-8366-46fd-a234-1d6a69c8a8ba_zps57bbf85d.jpg

VIP Member
    Interesting? What is your process? No Problems About how many rounds?
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

agalindo
    Harbor Freight powder coat, acentone, bucket (butter), wire mesh.

1 to 4 powder coat to acetone in platic bottel shake well, add about 100 or 200 bullets into bowl squirt some mixture and swish around until acetone dries and bullets are covered. Bake on wire mesh in toaster oven at 400 for 15 min. Let cool and repeat two more times. I usually do a batch, take them out of the oven and start a second batch the repeat the process. Little to no leading, better results than lube in my guns. Less smoke and less of a mess when loading. I've put about 1000 rounds in my gun alone my son also shot them this way.

I don't reload, but I do powder coat. That is a GREAT idea if it works as you say. I've tossed around the idea of reloading, but I don't like the idea of working with raw lead (I have young kids). Your method alleviates a lot of my exposure concerns.

agalindo
    The guys as castboolits have been playing around with this stuff for quite a while and they all love the results.

Sponsored Links