Winchester Autocomp 1st time user

This is a discussion on Winchester Autocomp 1st time user within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I was impressed with how compact this powder is. 4.8 gr barely takes up a quarter of a .38 spl case. Shooting was a treat ...

Thread: Winchester Autocomp 1st time user

Winchester Autocomp 1st time user

I was impressed with how compact this powder is. 4.8 gr barely takes up a quarter of a .38 spl case. Shooting was a treat out of my SP101 snub. Very accurate low smoke an flash an very clean burning. This will replace unique for my revolvers. Just have to watch it, leaves lots of room in the case for double loads. Meters easily out of lyman 55 able to adjust to 1 tenth very nice.

2. Remove Ads

I've used AutoComp and found it satisfactory, especially for higher pressure rounds (9 & 10mm). It was designed to be used in compensated guns, although it isn't limited to that. It burns fairly clean, and being a ball powder, it meters nicely. Frankly, in today's climate of limited supplies, buy what you find available (my first experience with AC was five yrs ago when supplies were limited and it was what I could lay my hands on). It isn't one of my powders of choice, but if I needed powder and that is what I could find I wouldn't hesitate to grab some!
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

I use it for my 9 major loads. Like the guy above me said, it was designed for compensated guns, such as USPSA open guns. I use autocomp and HS6 for my hot rounds and they both work great but when I drop down below 110 pf with these powders they become very dirty. I find unique, titegroup, and 231 to be better choices for lower pressure loads

Links