Seller and Bellot primers - For use in small rifle, pistol and revolver

This is a discussion on Seller and Bellot primers - For use in small rifle, pistol and revolver within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; About a year ago I picked up a couple boxes of Seller & Bellot small pistol primers. I mainly bought them because it was at ...

Thread: Seller and Bellot primers - For use in small rifle, pistol and revolver

About a year ago I picked up a couple boxes of Seller & Bellot small pistol primers. I mainly bought them because it was at the height of the shortage and I only had about 1k in stock. I threw them in a drawer and haven't really thought about them since. I decided to do a reloading inventory today and pulled them out and noticed something strange on the box. They say "For small rifle, pistol and revolver". Has anyone ever seen anything like that? I was under the impression that small rifle and pistol primers were the same size but I always though that rifle primers were harder and that pistol primers had a bit less "omph". Now I am a bit hesitant to use them in either.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    I'm not sure about the "oomph", but small rifle primers are a little harder than small pistol primers. I have used small rifle primers before, but I don't have a chrono, so I don't know how it affects velocity. It's no big deal as long as the spring is strong enough. Some striker style pins may not be strong enough, espesially if one is using a titanium firing pin with a less than standard spring weight. Hammer style pistols should have no problems.

Sponsored Links