ID this headstamp?

ID this headstamp?

This is a discussion on ID this headstamp? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I had a couple of unusual stoppages during Tuesday Night Steel this week. The gun failed to go into battery, and a tap-rack failed to ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CLASS3NH
  • 1 Post By OPFOR
  • 3 Post By gasmitty

Thread: ID this headstamp?

ID this headstamp?

I had a couple of unusual stoppages during Tuesday Night Steel this week. The gun failed to go into battery, and a tap-rack failed to make things better. I cleared the jam but it cost me an otherwise good time on the stage. OK, it happens. But on the very next stage, dang if the same exact thing happened, this time tying the gun up worse.

I suspected the gun, but once I got home I chambered and ejected a few rounds and everything seemed fine. Then on the last round I tried, the slide didn't go into battery. When I popped the round out, I saw why. The bottom of the case was bulged - like the classic "Glock bulge" I've seen on .40s fired in Glocks, from the unsupported part of the chamber.

I poked through the rest of my scavenged brass and found the two offending rounds that had tied up the gun and been ejected. All three had the bulge which was not fully cleared by my sizing die, and a couple showed signs of the case 'wrinkling' from the sizing operation. Never saw this or had it happen before in over 10K .45 rounds reloaded here.

Besides the bulge, the other common element was a headstamp I'd never seen before, shown below. The cases looked pretty new, but they also had a more coppery tint to them than the typical yellow hue of brass. Can anyone identify this headstamp?

FWIW, whenever I crank up the press I always check the first dozen or so rounds for OAL and also with a Wilson cartridge gage. As long as they all check ok, I normally sample about 10% of the loaded rounds with the gage. This time around, the sampling rate failed me.

Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I do believe it comes from the PI.

ACP Arms Corporation of the Philippines, Parang, Marikina City, Metro Manila, 1800 Republic of the Philippines (formally Squires Bingham Co.-see SB) 17
    Headstamp Codes - International Ammunition Association
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Arms Corporation of the Philippines......Dang......MSGT beat me to it.....
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    I knew it! gasmitty is part of the pipeline smuggling those weapons from the PI through (hopefully soon to be former) State Senator Yee's office! Shame on you, gasmitty, shame...
    flintlock62 likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Thanks, guys. I'll be watching for this stuff now.

OPFOR, it was a false-flag OP... we got him good!
    msgt/ret, OPFOR and flintlock62 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links