Any pistol powders out there??

This is a discussion on Any pistol powders out there?? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I haven't found any pistol powders for months. Looking at Gunbot - any pistol powders is gone in a couple hrs, local gun shops, large ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any pistol powders out there??

I haven't found any pistol powders for months. Looking at Gunbot - any pistol powders is gone in a couple hrs, local gun shops, large and small and internet sources. I can't find anything except rifle powders.

Anyone have some secrets to finding any??

I'm loading 38, 357 and 9mm - I can find load data for most powders for some or all of these calibers. Just can't find any powder.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

I can feel for you my friend; I was going through the same frustration. Day after day .......five times a day on Gunbot.....zilch for weeks.

I lucked into something locally totally out of the blue. Titegroup only, but enough to last a while. Keep the faith.....you will find some! Remember 2 years ago how primers, 380 ammo and 9mm were totally impossible to find, and they are now available.

Buckshot not sure where you are but basspro had bullseye the other day picked up 3 lbs, also if your near naples I can tell you where to get some

+1 for basspro. I have found various powders there lately. Its very spotty, and iffy, but better than it used to be.

Senior Moderator
    There are some sellers on GunBroker, but be prepared to pay through the nose for it. I'm embarrassed to write what I paid for 8 pounds of Titegroup recently, but now I've got about a year's supply.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Starting to se IMR4227 pretty regular now. You can use that for your magnum.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    I scored an 8 lb jug of Unique or $175 a few weeks ago. Should last me for a little while. Still have a bunch of other powders ,but I have a love affair with Unique and get nervous when I get under 10 lbs in stock.

Sponsor
    Plenty of Unique and HP38 around here but no Win 231, which is my go to for 9mm and .45acp

I have several pounds of Hi Skor 700X for my trap loads. It looks to be a decent powder for .45acp so I'll be working up a load for it soon.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    I scored an 8 lb jug of Unique or $175 a few weeks ago. Should last me for a little while. Still have a bunch of other powders ,but I have a love affair with Unique and get nervous when I get under 10 lbs in stock.
    Yep, me too. It's the one pistol powder I can't live without.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I'm lucky that about 6 months or so ago I happened upon 8lbs of Herco (very similar to Unique). Recipes have been hard to find but with trial and no errors (yet) it has worked well for me. And I got it at a great price w/tax somewhere around $135.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Plenty of Unique and HP38 around here but no Win 231, which is my go to for 9mm and .45acp

I have several pounds of Hi Skor 700X for my trap loads. It looks to be a decent powder for .45acp so I'll be working up a load for it soon.
    I picked up a bunch of 700X when the gettin' was good. It seems to be very versatile as a pistol powder, but I still prefer Bullseye because it meters so well. That's been showing up here and there in 1lb bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Plenty of Unique and HP38 around here but no Win 231 .
    It kills me how there can be powder plenty full in one place but totally invisible elsewhere in the country.

BTW 231 and HP-38 are the exact same powder......different packaging, but the same powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Buckshot not sure where you are but basspro had bullseye the other day picked up 3 lbs, also if your near naples I can tell you where to get some
    Unfortunately, I live near the Tampa area. Nearest Basspro is 88 miles away in Orlando. There's a gun show this weekend in Tampa; I'll try there.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    It kills me how there can be powder plenty full in one place but totally invisible elsewhere in the country.

BTW 231 and HP-38 are the exact same powder......different packaging, but the same powder.
    That's my dyslexia showing again. I meant H380, not HP38(I realize that H380 is a rifle powder). I'd have jumped on the HP38 if I'd seen any.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I picked up two more pounds of Unique today. And some rifle powder for my buddy he could not find.
    It seems the only one I can't find on a regular basis anymore is Bullseye. And I never see W231, but I haven't used that one yet anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links