Dillon Deal?

Dillon Deal?

This is a discussion on Dillon Deal? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I posted this on the Texas CHL forum also. I hope some of you guys can help. My wife's girlfriend's husband has a RL550B he ...

Thread: Dillon Deal?

Dillon Deal?

I posted this on the Texas CHL forum also. I hope some of you guys can help.

My wife's girlfriend's husband has a RL550B he wants to sell, including Dillon CV500 tumbler, media seperator, analog scale, and low primer early warning system, press cover.
    He bought all of this new from Dillon in Dec 1994.He loaded about 800 rounds over the next 6 months or so after buying it and then quit reloading. The stuff's been in plastic containers in his garage for the last 11.5 years. The press looks new with only a few slight rusty spots on some of the steel bolts.
    He's asking $415.00 for all of it. I know what the items are new and this sounds like a good price. Should I be concerned about the age of the press? Has the design changed since it was new?
    I'm a wannabe when it comes to reloading so I have no idea. I believe everything he says about the machine and how much he used it.
    Is there anything I need to be concerned about when deciding on this purchase?
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I would not be concerned. Dillon has a lifetime warranty. Mine is a '98 model, has loaded tens of thousands of rounds, and still works like it did the day I first bolted it to the bench. I use it at least once per week. It's also been moved around the country several times since new.

I would try to get it for less than $400. What caliber did he reload?
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

He reloaded 40 cal. That's ok because I do have a 40 cal handgun, but my main reloading will be the 45.
    I figure I'll need to send it to Dillon to inspect and change parts as they need to before I start reloading.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Senior Moderator
    Better jump on it.

The press itself is going for 379.00
    CV 500 Tumbler 99.95
    Media separator 39.95
    Analogue Scale 139.95
    Press Cover 23.95

Reloading 800 rounds on the Dillion would be less than 2 hours of use.

Its a good deal and even in Ebay they used Dillons sell for top price. The 550b hasent changed much, other than accessories that you can add to it.
    Get on the website, "Dillon Precision" and get the free catalogue that they send every month...it has all of the stuff in it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    Good deal, I doubt you need to have dillon inspect it. they offer free help line on the phone or email
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links