Reloaders in the Board

This is a discussion on Reloaders in the Board within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; As much as I would love to have a reloading treehouse (read forum) I also have to consider the work it may represent to Bumper ...

View Poll Results: As for reloading, do you...

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reload on a regular or infrequent basis.

71 79.78%
  • Do not reload but very interested.

18 20.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloaders in the Board

VIP Member

Reloaders in the Board

As much as I would love to have a reloading treehouse (read forum) I also have to consider the work it may represent to Bumper and the Mods. So it is simply a question of how many here reload or are seriously thinking about reloading. Bumper can see the numbers and could make a better decission. If he thinks it is a good idea and decide to open it, great. If not, we shall continue to be polite and confine our reloading posts & inquiries within Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics.
    The poll will be open for 7 days only.
    And against 16,000 board members, if we show a small minority, no gripes or complaints should be heard if it is decided that no reloading forum should be open.
    Last edited by Miggy; November 26th, 2007 at 11:33 AM. Reason: better explaining
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

I reload almost all of the ammo I shoot. Usually only buy factory for carry or as a way to get brass.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

After going through and cleaning up my utility room where my reloading stuff is set up a couple of weeks ago, I realized just how much I have shot since I reloaded last. I must have a couple of thousand rounds of various calibers to load. I have all the stuff sitting on the shelves, now I just need to sit down for a few nights and get it all in gear and make the darn things up.

I think I will start tonight and get the large tumbler bowl mounted and make some brass all shiny again.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Mrs. Airedale and I shoot USPSA and 3 gun. I couldn't (or wouldn't) afford to shoot as much as I do without reloading.

Dave

I've been rolling my own rifle and handgun cartridges since '93. I started out with an RCBS Master Reloading Kit, and I've been adding tools and accessories to it ever since. My latest addition is an RCBS Turret Press.

I made my own press stand, bench, case blocks, scale and powder measure stand, and more. I'll post photos when I can... Hopefully, we'll have a reloading forum to post them in.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Assistant Administrator
    Reloading now for about 30 years ... altho last few have ''cheated'' a lot with regular handgun ammo, just rolling the more exotic cals and loads.

Of late however with costs as they are, and seeing as I have all the hardware - it has resumed once more considerably. Some weeks ago over time put together several thousand of various cals - even now including the 9mm!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Most of the time my Dept. supplies all my handgun ammo, but I taylor make all my hunting ammo.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Lead Moderator
    Handload practice ammo in 40 S&W and 45ACP as well as 30-06 for hunting.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I only reload a couple of rifle calibers - .45-70, .30 - 06 and .25 -06. I have a buddy that reloads my shotguns shells for me. As for pistol ammo its all store bought. I really enjoy refining my rifle loads and have found that it has really helped my accuracy.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    I reload, but am fine with this board not having a reload forum - many other boards already do.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

not yet but i voted yes cuz im buying one today

Will be starting very shortly after years of planning on what and where.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I reload 10 cartridges plus 20ga, own 5 presses, cast my own lead alloy bullets, swage my own jacketed bullets.

The only factory ammo you will ever see in my house is for 22 rimfire. I save the casings to make bullet jackets for 22cal centerfire rifle.

On an average week I reload about 2000 rounds of ammo.

... wow

dang.... on an average year I reload 2000 rounds!!!

I'd need two extra jobs to afford the supplies if I reloaded that much. I can hardly afford it now with just the one.
    "I'd rather be judged in a box by a jury than carred in a box by my friends!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links