Satisfaction with this subforum

This is a discussion on Satisfaction with this subforum within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; How satisfied are you with the way this subforum is going? Anything major we can do to improve? Is this helpful at all?...

View Poll Results: Satisfied with subforum?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very satisfied. Helped me a lot.

61 79.22%
  • Pretty good, needs minor improvements. (explain)

10 12.99%
  • Alright, needs major improvement. (explain)

0 0%
  • It's ok, not really great.

3 3.90%
  • Not great at all.

3 3.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How satisfied are you with the way this subforum is going? Anything major we can do to improve? Is this helpful at all?

I like it and considering that it's just starting up as a subforum, it will continue to see increased useage.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Assistant Administrator
    I think vote so far says it all - it is a useful resource IMO.

I may have reloaded for ages but - always good to exchange ideas etc.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Agree, concentrating the relaoding info and questions saves me a lot of search time.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    I am very happy with this sub forum. While visiting the daughter and her husband and the grandtwins in Colorado Springs over turkey day, I managed to pick up almost everything to start reloading from Sportsmans Warehouse. Quite a place, my credit card started to vibrate in my wallet when I walked into the store. The people there were very helpful about answering the questions I had and got me the basics to start reloading. A couple books, press etc. etc. Got most of my questions answered by just drifting around in this forum. A couple I didn't find the answers to were sent off to Tubby45 last night. He answered in a way I could understand, I was just reading too much into some things.

I poured some powder into the scale pan. Couldn't believe that little bit of powder could push the bullet out of the case, let alone hit a target. Verified the charge on a digital scale, it was correct. Checked the charge 3 times before accepting the fact that I was doing things correct. Messaged Tubby45 real quick. He confirmed what my eyes saw but my brain didn't accept. Loaded 5 rounds. Took them out with me deer hunting this morning. When it was time to leave, I sent them into a stump. They all worked great. Now I have another "addiction" in my life, reloading. Thanx Tubby45, for the quick answers and your help.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

That's what I'm here for.

I think it is great, I wish I had somthing like this when I first started reloading.
    I find that no matter how much one does somthing others can always teach you somthing. As time goes on I am sure this will just get better. My only problem is affording all the new dies and a new Dillon 650 press.

I think this is great. Now I know when I ask question about bullets, I will get answers about bullets and not ammo.

This is a great area to talk about powder, bullets, primers and reloading equipment.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Senior Moderator
    I think its a great forum for basic questions without getting into too much techincal jargon that tends to scare people away from asking simple questions.

Its a start. A good place to go for simple answers.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assistant Administrator
    One vote for ''not great at all" ......... own up!

I think overall for ''us few'' it will be a valuable asset - and over time accrue some good info to point noobs at.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Handloading is very rewarding. As Chris says, the exchange of ideas will be worthwhile. Others' handloading posts will be instructive and thought-provoking. This is a nice addition to the Forum despite any "sour grapes" to the contrary.

I think some stickies on the basics would be reasonable - especially if everything wasn't generalized. Maybe "Reloading 101" "Progressive presses" "Turret presses" "Favorite loads" for a start. JMO

Austin

I'm writing a this press type versus that press type this weekend. Look for it Monday. It will cover the hand press, single stage, turret, and progressive press types.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Love it. Found it earlier this week (I havn't been on a lot), and ended up reading almost every single post in it. I have been compiling my reloading Christmas/Wish list the past few weeks so that I can start reloading sometime next year. I came on here to look up an old post and discovered this sub-forum and spent the next 2 and half hours reading.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

DC Founder
    I have been watching the traffic in this forum off and on since I created it and, although still modest in traffic, I know very well it takes awhile for new forums to catch. I'm petty satisfied with participation. I even find myself poking around in here more than I expected.

Overall, you guys made a good suggestion that will be a value to members, even if I was slow to warm up to the idea. Enjoy!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links