Question!!

Question!!

This is a discussion on Question!! within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I am going to a question... I am about to get a Dillon 550. I know that i can reload pistol and rifle rounds, but ...

Thread: Question!!

Question!!

I am going to a question... I am about to get a Dillon 550. I know that i can reload pistol and rifle rounds, but can i get an attachment so reload shotgun shells with a That press?

Lead Moderator
    Nope. The shotgun shells are too big. I suppose if Dillon made a adapter you could single load shotguns shells, but as of now, they do not. I got a cheap MEC 700 JR for shotshells that seems to be o.k. , though slower than a progressive press.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The press takes 5/8" dies. If they made a die of that size, you might be able to do it...I bought a Lee Load All. It's not something that will be handed down to my grandkids, but it works.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Shotgun dies are very different from cartridge dies. Dillon sells a shotgun reloading machine. The Lee is a great buy at $35 or so.

I load 20ga on a MEC 600JR press. Got it in a trade. Used ones go for $75 or so. New is around $115-130ish.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Sponsored Links