Reloading trouble

This is a discussion on Reloading trouble within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I am having a little with some reloads in a glock 34, and a kkm barrel. Out of 50 rounds I had 12 fte, and ...

Thread: Reloading trouble

Reloading trouble

I am having a little with some reloads in a glock 34, and a kkm barrel. Out of 50 rounds I had 12 fte, and a couple ftf. The case would come part way out of the chamber, the slide would pick up the next round and try to double feed. The case was loose and would fall out after I pulled the mag out. It would show marks where the extractor pulled off the case. I have inspected the extractor and all is well. I also had the slide not pick up a round and close on a empty chamber. The weapon works good on factory ammo. My reloads are 125 miester bullets lrn, 3.3 of w231 at 1000 fps. They measure the same as factory ammo in oal and id. I was running a 13# recoil spring and a stock recoil spring. Anyone have any Ideas.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Sounds as if the chambered round is hanging up just enough to cause a stoppage. does the reloaded ammo hand cycle fine? Is the crimp tight enough on the mouth of the case? Maybe try dropping a reload in the barrel and see if you get any resistance?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

They fall in the chamber easy and cycle fine by hand. I am wondering is I am loading them a little underpower. There web site says 3.9 minimum of w231 for 1008 fps. I have 3.3 at 980 to 1000 fps. I may try loading up to 3.9 and see if that helps.

Lead Moderator
    A little more powder might do the trick, just take it slow loading up to the max.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

to slow,,,underpower. need to start at the reload book low end and work up. it is good to have a chronograph to check you loads.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Links