550B

550B

This is a discussion on 550B within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I have a 550b press. I have the video for Dillon presses and on the Automatic Powder System it has the Powder bar reset spring ...

Thread: 550B

550B

I have a 550b press. I have the video for Dillon presses and on the Automatic Powder System it has the Powder bar reset spring "the one that goes from the powder reservoir to the screw by the Powder adjustment screw" and on the press i just got brand new from Dillon doe's not have that spring. So am I supposed to have that spring?

thanks Johnny

Lead Moderator
    I cannot laod up the PDF fiel from Dillon, but my 550B has only a spring wound around the brass colored linkage parts. There is no spring from the powder bar volume adjustment(or that area). Hope this makes sense.
    also you can try looking at a shcematic of the parts . It should show all the parts for the 550B.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

the older powder drop system had a powder bar return spring. that's all it was in the start. the new system do not, it has a metal rod that goes from the side of the powder drop to the bottom plate. the old system works well, i got three of them.. several years ago i order two new system and they came with the metal rod return system setup. had to break down the bottom plate to put the system in. then i had to re-adjust the dies in the older heads.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Moderator
    Ill bet that the Dillon video does not show the upgrade on the powder system that frankmako is talking about.

As long as what you have works, you should be OK.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

the video has the old Spring return, I had to call Dillon up and ask them if i was missing the spring as i was told from them I do not need the them.

Sponsored Links