Reloading for my SA champ.

This is a discussion on Reloading for my SA champ. within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I finally got around to loading .45 ACP . While not idea, I got some 230 grn HP's for Christmas. So I got out the ...

Thread: Reloading for my SA champ.

Lead Moderator

Reloading for my SA champ.

I finally got around to loading .45 ACP . While not idea, I got some 230 grn HP's for Christmas. So I got out the tables, found a load for Titegroup powder and went to setting up my Lee dies in my Dillon press.
    That in itself was a treat, but we already had a thread on that a while back. I adjusted all the dies properly with only bulging/crumpling one cartridge. Since it was a new recipe and I loaded it light to start , I only made 5 rounds .
    Out to the range I loaded up and fired away. The rounds loaded and cycled fine, despite the light load and heavy recoil spring on my SA Champ. Looks like I am good to start cranking out rounds for my 45 ACP needs.
    You guys get to see the secret workshop where I reload, make kydex products and plot my world conquest.(and my SA Champ & Dillon press)
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

I love it when it all works out. The one thing I've learned about the 45 Auto, is for some reason you can use a heavy spring and have no issues with light loads. I run a 21# spring in my G30 and have no issues from loads at 600fps to 45 Super running 1400fps. My RIA 45 has a 18.5# spring and eats everything up.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Links