what do I need?

what do I need?

This is a discussion on what do I need? within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; ok.. im going to buy me a DMPS in .308. what do i need to buy to reload it? case prep. I have a 550B ...

Thread: what do I need?

what do I need?

ok.. im going to buy me a DMPS in .308. what do i need to buy to reload it? case prep. I have a 550B press, I have all the stuff to reload hand gun loads. I like the set-up i seen on shooting USA. but i dont know what i need.. I know that it is a RCBS case prep center. but that is about it. thanks for all your help.

i dont know anything about the rcbs but i use lee and know with a rifle cartridge you must trim the case, chamfer, and debur the case. i use lee trimming tools and a rcbs chamfer and debur tool. the rcbs case prep center is more expensive then lee hand tools but i dont know if it is worth it. the lee tool has a length gage on it so you just turn till it stops taking metal off then turn the chamfer tool a few times then the debur side.

Senior Moderator
    If you reload .45, then you already have the shell plate and the pins.
    You'll also need a powder funnel for the .308.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Chamber OAL gauge with modified case, case trimmer, primer pocket uniformer, reamer, primer pocket brush, case lube, etc.... I use Lee Original loaders and all the RCBS accessories as well as some Forster items like the headspace gauges and neck turning tool. Mitutoyo calipers, one dial and one digital. Get some new brass from Midway or others--100 pieces to start, a few different primers like Federal, Winchester, and Remington in large rifle. Get the current load book for the .308 Winchester also.

Sponsored Links