Finding reloading supplies near Binghamton, NY

This is a discussion on Finding reloading supplies near Binghamton, NY within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I am at wits end. I am trying to find a local business who can sell me gunpower, primers and bullets, but I am having ...

Thread: Finding reloading supplies near Binghamton, NY

I am at wits end. I am trying to find a local business who can sell me gunpower, primers and bullets, but I am having no luck. We have Gander Mountain, but the firearms counter seems to be populated by morons. I asked if they stocked gunpowder and the guy said he figures it will be in in a couple of months. I asked him what brand they'd be carrying (so I can get my recipes together) and he said: "Whatever they send us".

I don't mind traveling 20 or so miles to buy it, but I'd like to find at least one place that handles the components and someone who at least sounds intelligent.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

I have a "local" store where I can usually get what I need for powder and primers, but will often use Midway USA or MidSouth Shooting Supply for all of my reloading components.

MidwayUSA — Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes
    Midsouth Shooters Supply, Reloading, Air Guns, Optics, Muzzleloaders & Shooting Supplies

Try any gun shows in a nearby state perhaps?
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

I order everything from Midway. Check them out.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Currently I only know of one in the Twin Cities metro area, so I'm not surprised that you might have issues in some metro areas, as well as outside of metro areas.

TWood is correct that there are places like MidwayUSA, Cabela's, and a number of other online locations that can ship powder and primers, but you will pay a bit more for that privilege - hazmat shipping cost.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: DW V-Bob 1911, S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9,
    and Glock G26, G19, G23C, and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Hey - what are you all's thoughts on steel cased ammo - like the WOLF stuff for .45 and .223? I have heard it can damage the chamber, but I can't seem to find anything written that is conclusive about that.

Well, I stopped down to the local Gander Mtn for some primers (at least they stock those). I asked the guy if they were going to get in gun powder soon. He said that he didn't know when that would happen. I guess the corporate office is dicking around with that store for some reason. He mentioned that I could talk to the daytime guy who was in charge of ordering.

In the meantime, I took the advice given and ordered some supplies from Midway USA.

o 2 pounds of Accurate #2 gun powder (as long as I'm paying the $20 haz-mat, I might as
    well stock up).
    o 500 148gr .358 Wadcutter bullets
    o A Lee scoop set
    o A Lee balance beam scale (to figure out which scoop will give me 2gr of gun powder
    which is the lightest load specified by the reloading sheet from the powder company).

The reason I went with the scoops, is that I'm using a Lee hand load kit (the kind you use the hammer with). I'm not going to need a $2000 reload kit because I don't think I'm going to be reloading that much. If I find I am, and the volume justifies the cost, I may look into it.

I also won a .380 hand reloading kit on eBay with an extra 9mm die and scoop and he's throwing in a primer pocket cleaner. This will allow me to reload all of my pistol calibers.

I have 100 .38 special sized, primed, flared and ready for the powder, bullet and crimp.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Midway has a good Lyman kit for about $300, pretty much complete. I didn't want to spend big dollars either, and have loaded just over 18K on my Lyman Crusher since mid - 04. I find it relaxing, more accurate, and the press has paid for itself many times over.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links