Shot Off Some of My New Reloads

This is a discussion on Shot Off Some of My New Reloads within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; I shot off some of my new reloads today. They went *BANG* when I pulled the trigger, and the targets fell over and the barrel ...

Thread: Shot Off Some of My New Reloads

I shot off some of my new reloads today. They went *BANG* when I pulled the trigger, and the targets fell over and the barrel didn't peel back. I figure I did ok. Going downstairs to fill in the missing 18 places in my reload case.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    That's great!!!!!!!! I've mentioned in another thread about how I want to start reloading. How did you get into it, and how long did it take you to learn how to do it?
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

The first few reloads take the longest BANG 12345678910,BANG 12345678910,BANG 12345678910,the counting is to make sure you still got all your thumbs and fingers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

lol i totally did that too. I'd shoot a round and give it a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    That's great!!!!!!!! I've mentioned in another thread about how I want to start reloading. How did you get into it, and how long did it take you to learn how to do it?
    Some may argue that if you are going to get seriously into reloading, that you purchase a bench mounted press, but I started using the Classic Lee Loader. I bought this for about $28 online. I also invested $12 into a non-marring hammer (has a rubber head on one side and a plastic head on the other.

The easy to follow instructions (and a charge table for common powders) is inside the box.

I then bought 500 .358 wadcutter bullets, a few 100 count boxes of primers and two pounds of of Accurate Arms powder (which should last me a good long time).

I discovered that the smallest scoop was not small enough for the powder I bought so I invested in a Lee Perfect Powder measure and a Lee balance scale.

If I get more into it, I will probably invest in a press and a set of carbide dies, but for now, for me, the "classic" is working just fine.

I used to crochet baby afghans, so sitting around quietly doing something for a couple of hours doesn't bother me.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

I didn't know you could crochet babys? Do they come with Afghan passports and how do they compare with cabbage patch "kids"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I didn't know you could crochet babys? Do they come with Afghan passports and how do they compare with cabbage patch "kids"

No, No, No. You need your AKC papers. Look at all the hair, I understand the need to crochet.

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

First timers try the Lee Aniversery Kit, and a set of Lee dies. It's how I started out and I was able to see what other equipment to buy to suit the reloading that I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    First timers try the Lee Aniversery Kit, and a set of Lee dies. It's how I started out and I was able to see what other equipment to buy to suit the reloading that I was doing.
    That really is a good set and if you decide it isn't what you want to do you can sell it on ebay and possibly get more individually than you paid for the kit

BJ

First reloads

Might Think about adding a Pact scale and measure when your
    pocketbook will allow it I got spoiled to mine real quick B.J.

If you can find a mentor close to you it will answer a lot of your questions and keep you from going astray.

definately pick up Lymans 48th (i think the 49th is available) Edition reloading handbook. DO NOT buy the ABC's of reloading, that book in my opinion is an absolute waste of time and money. My first set up was an old RCBS rockchucker that I bought from a friend at work, no I still have it and have graduated to a loadmaster now.

Links