Karma smmmaaaaack

Karma smmmaaaaack

This is a discussion on Karma smmmaaaaack within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Well the CFO finally approved the purchase of a reloading setup for the two calibers that we have, as my "Xmas gift" Well, I had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Karma smmmaaaaack

Well the CFO finally approved the purchase of a reloading setup for the two calibers that we have, as my "Xmas gift"

Well, I had the shopping cart ready to go at Midway (since F&M Reloading ticked me off), only a couple items on back order (decapping die and .44 bullets). I started a thread to see if anyone had an active promo code for them, took a nap, checked my thread, no responses so I finished the order.

The freakin most important part of the whole order...the press...went on backorder while I was waiting!

Not expected to be back in stock until 12-21...UPS ground at that time of year...2009 delivery!!!

Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Kinda adds new meaning to the term "You Snooze, You Lose".
    (Couldn't resist, sorry)
    Well Sticks, you can still swallow your pride and go with F&M, or Dillon or somebody else.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Kinda adds new meaning to the term "You Snooze, You Lose".
    (Couldn't resist, sorry)
    Well Sticks, you can still swallow your pride and go with F&M, or Dillon or somebody else.
    Thinking about F&M. They have funky business hours and do not show if an item is out of stock or not. Gonna call on Monday
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

That stinks. Good luck though. Hurry up before the CFO rescinds the approval!

-Jeff-

Administrator
    Something great (but belated) to look forward to though.

Did you check Cabelas?? If they have them, perhaps you could just call and cancel just the press from your order and get one from there???
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I would go with Dillon stuff. I guarantee they will ship sooner than that

Well you didn't tell us what your choice was for the press. Surely your not going to wait till it come in and leave us hanging till then.

It usually only takes 2 days for the stuff to get from MO, to TX, so maybe you will get it Christmas Eve and can stay up all night playing with it, and have some rounds made to shoot on Christmas day.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    If you are going Dillon, check out Brian Enos's site. He does some nice Dillon sales with packaged accessories, depending on what you want. (I am also a big fan of his Slide Glide product...)
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I opted for the Lee Loadmaster 5 station progressive press.

I can't afford the Porsche of presses, so I went with the Crown Vic.

I called Midway and they said that the expect them in stock around the 10th, even though their website says the 23rd.

I did not get a chance to call F&M today, so tomorrow I will see if they have it in stock, if so, I will cancel Midway and have F&M ship.

Now I just have to round up some brass for the .44.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Sorry about the double post above, not sure what happened.

So I got home yesterday from work to see my first shipment of my order was here. Kind of like xmas when all the batteries you ordered for your toys are in, but no toys to put them in.

This morning I went through the packages for invoicing and inspection. everything is here.

Then I booted up my computer and checked my email.

Midway is a cruel place to shop.

Their website states that the reloading press that I ordered, that is now on back order shows that it will not be in stock until the 25th o' December. It has been +30 days every time I check.

Yesterday (just opened it up today) I received an email that the press has shipped.

Yes I am stoked, it should be here in the middle of next week.

Yes I am also annoyed that they have NO CLUE when anything happens. Their departments do not communicate with each other.

Ordering is one dept, general cust. serv. is another, order status, returns, etc.

Midway review (-5 to +5) +5 on shipping - real quick. +5 on keeping the customer informed of shipments. -3 on knowing what the heck is going on with their inventory, -5 for their website being accurate as to inventory status, -0- on pricing (I shop around A LOT before I order. Found most of my order cheaper elsewhere, but as I mentioned, they lost my business by not responding to a request).

Pics to follow when everything gets here and set up, promise.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Stick,

I just checked Natchez and they have the Loadmaster .44 in stock (200.00). I'm looking to get the Loadmaster in .45acp. Hope this helps

Eric
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Quote Originally Posted by ncffp163 View Post
    Stick,

I just checked Natchez and they have the Loadmaster .44 in stock (200.00). I'm looking to get the Loadmaster in .45acp. Hope this helps

Eric
    Sticks (plural)

Thanks. Midway has shipped the last of what I ordered, and is scheduled to be delivered on the 2nd.

I hit a local shooting range and picked up a 5 gallon bucket of mixed brass for $90 and am in the process of sorting. So far I am 1/4 the way through it and have 500 .40 S&W, and a full 3# coffee can of both 9mm and .45 that I am going to try to resell to others that I shoot with. Hopefully I will break even. Not one .44 mag yet. Bummer.

Powder and primers however...Denver is all but dry. I managed to find some Hodgden Universal and 500 ea small and large primers.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Sorry Sticks about the name screwup. I just ordered the Loadmaster from Natchez and a Frankford Arsenal tumbler kit, electronic scales and calibers from Midway. You might check on Gunbrokers for your .44 mag brass or some place like Starline. Good luck with it.

Eric
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Just finished sorting that bucket.

2900+ 9mm - 98% (darn 380s are hard to spot)
    2150+ .40
    1150+ .45

Hopefully I can recoup my purchase of the bucket by reselling the 9s and .45s

Anybody got any .44 rem mag they want to trade?
    Last edited by Sticks; November 29th, 2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Finished cleaning .40s
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links