My super duty reloading bench - Pic heavy - Page 2

My super duty reloading bench - Pic heavy

This is a discussion on My super duty reloading bench - Pic heavy within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; ImaShepardRU - Nice looking setup. I long to have a man cave that can stay uncluttered and organized. I have to stack stuff upon stuff ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My super duty reloading bench - Pic heavy

ImaShepardRU - Nice looking setup. I long to have a man cave that can stay uncluttered and organized. I have to stack stuff upon stuff for storage.

Good idea for the primer catcher. Mine drops down the ram so I can either remove the trap door, and place a large can underneath or periodically open the door and scoop them out.

alfack - Now I get it. If I were doing match loads I could see the need for a rigid mount. A few thou on a target round is acceptable (I hope).

retsupt99 - Everything the body needs with a LoadMaster with the frills (case colator, bullet feeder - don't need it, extra turret, universal deprimer x2, factory crimp die, tumbler, scale, media separator) comes in at $800ish including bullets (TMJ or FMJ - cast lead is significantly cheaper), powder, primers to do 2 calibers, 1k rounds each. Get your range brass local along with powder and primers to avoid haz mat shipping fee.

If you want, I can compile a shopping list w/cost - online shopping. PM me.

There after figure $150 (again, TMJ or FMJ bullets) per 1k rounds if you keep track of your brass.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sticks - I had one thought when I saw the setup. I would always have on knee pads and shin guards!

Very impressive.

Thank you. It is finally going to get field tested tomorrow. Finally got some nice weather and I have nothing better to do while on layoff, so I am packing it up and heading out to the private range.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Pretty slick Sticks, nice set up. One thing I can see that I would bet your going to change right off is the lack of some kind of edging on the top. I'm thinking as you operate the press in short order stuff will be falling off the edges. Thought the welds looked pretty good, only thing I ever was able to do with a stick welder was burn nice holes in things
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

I thought about edging, but the only thing that sits up there when I am running it is the box of bullets, , scale, calipers, and the round catcher tray. Anything else that I need is on the workbench.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

You are the man!!!!!!
    OOOoooo Master!!!!!! ooooOOOOoo
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by aimhigh View Post
    You are the man!!!!!!
    OOOoooo Master!!!!!! ooooOOOOoo
    Ummmm...yeah...OK.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Lead Moderator
    Nice set up. I suggest using a cloth or covering below the loader to keep anything from dropping in an inaccessibly place, or to keep you from digging through the buckets/storage you have.( voice of experience here )
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Well, so far so good. I did place a piece of plywood in front of the bench to keep things from going into never-never land underneath (I got 8 legged critters building nests under there, don't care to find out what kind. They do their job eating bugs, I'll do mine and leave them alone).

Weather is starting to look dicey wind wise for tomorrow. I will post pics if it mounted to my truck if I do go.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

That was a cool idea! Looks good to me all the way around.

I learned how to stick weld from my wife's grampa, who was a ship builder down at Ingalls shipyard during the war. First time I tried it was in a pair of flip flops, and he just chuckled as the bits-o-molten lava fell on my feet and said it'd toughen me up (and would make me wear shoes next time-it did). My stuff was never pretty either, but if it works, that's why you do it. Great work.

Spaced this out to frustration.

My hitch lock, having been on for 7 years in Colorado's wonderful chemical ice issue...well after fighting with it for near an hour with everything I had in my tool box, and finally breaking the key off in it, refused to come out. Time for the blue wrench.

Anyhow, my loads for both my .44 and .40 were good. Solved my primer issue (not seated deep enough) and enough powder to cycle the Desert Eagle slide. I need to up the load just a bit due to get a better burn in the .44 but otherwise good.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Looks great and a great idea for range use.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links