Marlin 308 lever reloads

Marlin 308 lever reloads

This is a discussion on Marlin 308 lever reloads within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Can anyone recommend a manual with data for the marlin 308 with the rubber tips for lever guns. Checking through my books and my uncles ...

Thread: Marlin 308 lever reloads

Marlin 308 lever reloads

Can anyone recommend a manual with data for the marlin 308 with the rubber tips for lever guns. Checking through my books and my uncles we did not see anything. Thanks

You might call Hornady as they are the only ones making the flex-tip (Leverevolution ) bullets (that I'm aware of) for reloading. You should be able to use any load manual and choose the starting load for the next available heavier bullet weight. If you are going to use the 160 grain Leverevolution bullet, you should be able to use data for a 165 grain bullet. Use the starting load and work your way up and you shouldn't have any problems.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Thanks Hoss. My reloading library is a little limited right now. I have Lyman 49 I think. I just got it for Christmas, but I did not see it and I figure about 2 books is minimum I need before I start physically loading so I can cross reference.

The loading manuals are great for the reading material about cartridges and actually how to reload. The greatest thing going for us with Internet access is instant access to the powder manufacturer's web sites and the latest up-to-date loading data. I rarely actually look up a load in a manual any more preferring to simply go to a web site and get data straight from the horse's mouth. One of my favorite data manuals was always the Hodgdon ring binder manual. The last one was the the #27 and in talking with Mike Daly of Hodgdon, it will probably be their last manual of that form. He said that the powders, data, and cartridges just change too quickly to justify committing to a book like that and that they are better able to support their customers with up-to-date information on their web site.

Again, I think that the powder companies are the best source of loading data for their products and it is free and readily accessible through the Internet.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links