25 remington

25 remington

This is a discussion on 25 remington within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; So long story short I aquired an old 25 remington (not the 25-06, but an actual 25 remington pump) I have a hand full of ...

Thread: 25 remington

25 remington

So long story short I aquired an old 25 remington (not the 25-06, but an actual 25 remington pump) I have a hand full of loaded ammo for it and know that buffalo arms makes ammo for it, but I have been a reloaded for a number of years and would like to reload it, but have found no info on it anywhere I have googled obsolete rifle reloading, 25 remington the only thing I have found is ken waters pet loads manual but thats not a guarrante that would be in there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
    thanks

Senior Moderator
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Great post! Is your rifle a Remington Model 14?

I've long wanted to obtain a .25 Remington just for the fun and challenge of hand loading and shooting it. I'd take it in any of the classic pre-war Remington rifles: Model 8, Model 14, or Model 30. It would be a well mannered round that would do as a deer getter around here. It was said to be quite accurate too.

That's really neat polardaddy. Do you have a photo or two?

I've got some old Ideal hand loading manuals along with Naramore's and Phil Sharpe's classic works on the shelf. If you don't come up with some loads to try then PM me and I'll post some to you. I'd like to hear more about the .25 Remington.

Thank you for the posts and the link,
    I am not sure which model it is off hand, it was my grandmother's hunting rifle when they were both around and when they hunted. My 10 yro daughter is showing some serious interest in hunting, will start her with rabbit first and then up to deer. My dad and I went to the last gun show in our neck of the woods two months ago and the very last table we looked at had a set of dies for 15 bucks, they now reside with my other dies. I will get some photos on here in a bit.
    thanks again

Cool Remington Model 14 / 25 Remington

I have "many" of these guns and load for all the calibers. The .25 Remington is a "rimless" 25-35 Winchester and you can use the same loadings as well as the same loading dies. You will need to get a shell holder for the .25 Remington, it of course differs from the 25-35.

The .30 Remington is identical to the 30-30 except it is rimless.
    The .32 Remington is identical to the 32 Winchester but is rimless.

Buffalo has resized original .30 Remington Brass down to .25 and it works just fine. Try not to use Jamison, it won't even fit in my shell holder.

I work and repair these guns as a hobby.........some say a sadist since they can really be annoying. The patent is 100 years old this year, neat old guns.

Regards!

Jim

I took my Remington Model 14 R out for exercise at the 100 yard bench a few weeks back. It is a 1929 production gun but wasn't purchased until 1936. I obtained it from the original owner who bought it new at Leonard Bros. in Fort Worth, Texas. The little carbine still looks practically new.

They can been vexing to detail strip.

Welcome to the Forum nambujim! Nice to see someone who likes old, obscure stuff.

Links