Defensive Carry banner

Need reload data

989 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rottkeeper 
#1 ·
I have some BlueDot and Win 231, I want to use it up and would like some data. I want to use it for my .357 and .41mags using 148gr hollow base wad cutters. I am going to start using Hogdon Lil Gun for these loads so if you have any good loads you have used for this too let me know. I am more interested in target and hunting loads for the .41 and target for the .357. Thanks

#3 ·
I just loaded 500 38's in 148 gr wadcutters w/Win 231 at 3.3. I weigh often and some ranged to 3.5. That's ok but it is the max recommended by Hornady. They're shooting just fine but I was surprised how zippy they are in a 38 snubby. Check me prior to heading to the loading bench.

#4 ·
Did you read the Blue Dot warning in the sticky at the top of the page? It's a no no for the 41 mag according to the manufacture. Win 231 is pretty versatile pistol powder and there are plenty of loads out there using it. Although I would not think it would be a very good choice for the 41 mag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.