Reloading supplies

This is a discussion on Reloading supplies within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; Just getting back to reloading after a couple years away. The question is where do you all find the best deals for brass, bullets, powder ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading supplies

Reloading supplies

Just getting back to reloading after a couple years away. The question is where do you all find the best deals for brass, bullets, powder etc? I was only loading for .357 and .41 but I now will be loading .380, .40, also. We had a shop about 20 miles from my house that was as cheep as ordering online but they have closed due to the owner retiring. Thanks for any advise you can give me.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Good luck finding reloading supplies. It took me a month to find 40 S&W dies. New brass is in short supply and so is certain powders and bullets. Midway USA is a good source, but its like everything is on back order. Natchez Reloading is also good. Try E-Bay, Gun Broker and Auction Arms too. Finding reloading supplies especially handgun and AR-15 is drying up. I don't know if it is Obama panic or the Gov.

Quite frankly, at this time it's not where you can get the "best deal", it's where you can get it at all. Most reloading supplies are very difficult to come by right now.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Good luck to you!
    I have been doing a scavenger hunt lately. I was in search of some jacketed hollow points in 9mm .357 and .45. Local gun shop I was at this evening only had .38 double end wadcutter and one box of .45 semi wadcutters. Forget hollow points, forget anything in 9mm. As far as rifle, they did have three bags of .223 brass, no 9mm, no .45, no .38 or .357 or .308.
    The only primers were for shotguns. They did have my powder though.
    Last time I was at Bass pro they had some bullets. I will look there tomorrow. Cabellas sometimes has some stuff, but you have to check the website daily or you may miss what you are looking for.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

-Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

VIP Member
    Brass, start hunting it at your local ranges. It is the cheapest you'll ever find.
    Landric posted some great links to which I'll add Natchez Shooters Supplies. Also Montana Gold Bullet, Incorporated - Kalispell, Montana makes some superb product.
    If you feel like going whole hog, you may want to cast your own bullets. You can buy lead online or hunt it on nearby tire shops.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Miggy
    The ranges around here would be .22 only, everyone saves the brass to reload themselves or for a friend. I could have a ton of lead if I started to cast my own bullets but I have never tried nor have the equipment.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I could have a ton of lead if I started to cast my own bullets but I have never tried nor have the equipment.
    Could I have your lead?

Casting actually might be the easiest part of the whole thing. You just have to be careful with fumes and the molten lead.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ting-lead.html
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

primers are hard to find. that is the big problem. i am now using mag primers in my loads. that is all i can find at the stores. the price has gone up to $39.00+ tax for 1k. what a rip off. everybody on line is out. no brass to be found at the range, except 22lr. next it will be powder, the price has gone up per pound on it too. the prices of reloading items will go high before it is over.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

You might actually want to look into casting your own. I am seriously thinking about it myself. While unpacking in my garage I found brass and primers and powder, but struck out when I was shopping for bullets the other day. All that other stuff isn't worth a whole lot unless you have some lead to put in front of it. And if the horror stories are true about taxation and other regulations people are thinking of it might be the only way to keep shooting affordable.

ETA: Regarding what Frank said, I was shocked at the price of powder! The way everything else has gone up I thought powder would be through the roof too. I actually paid about $5.25 less for a pound of Reloder15 yesterday than I did four years ago in Maryland!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

frank, I have about 1000 each small and large pistol primers right now so they are not an issue for a little while.

Miggy I will mail you some lead one wheel weight at a time.

NRA Member

VIP Member
    deal!
    Randy Cain.

I was getting a little worried because I'm down to around 3500 LP and zero balance on SR primers. I've got plenty of SP and LR primers on hand. I've been looking for about 3 weeks to buy primers and powder.

I just got in 10K in WIN LP and 2 pounds of Ram Tac today, and last week I got in 5K of FED SR primers, 8lbs of WW231, 8lbs of AA2460.

Most of it came from Powder Valley. The LPs had literally just come off the truck when I ordered them, they don't have time to update their website.

The above should get me through the summer with what I already have on hand. The only solution I can see is to find some from a mail-order supplier and when you do buy big to minimize the impact of the Hazmat and shipping.

.223 bullets alone have gotten me to the point I broke down and ordered a .22LR conversion kit for my AR.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck R. View Post
    Most of it came from Powder Valley. The LPs had literally just come off the truck when I ordered them, they don't have time to update their website.

Chuck
    It's getting to the point where you almost have to stalk the delivery trucks to find anything.

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links