I have a great friend.

This is a discussion on I have a great friend. within the Reloading forums, part of the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics category; There are few times when I feel the need to brag, but today is one of them. I was visiting a friend of mine today ...

Thread: I have a great friend.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar

I have a great friend.

There are few times when I feel the need to brag, but today is one of them.

I was visiting a friend of mine today and we were talking about reloading. After a little bit, he told me that since I was into it now he would give me his brass since it was collecting dust.

I followed him down to his gun cave (yes its a walk in vault) figuring he maybe had a few boxes of .223 since that was what we were talking about.

Six big cardboxes later, we are both huffing and puffing all of the brass back out to the truck.

I just did a quick inventory:

1100 + .45

1200 + .223

600 + 30.06

As well as a bunch of .22-250, .308, .38 special, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, .44 S&W special, .45-70 and a few other oddballs.

ALL ONCE FIRED!

Yea, today was a good day.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

2. Remove Ads

Sure, sure rub it in. You got yours coming in the future.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I don't thing 'good' really describes it. You just won the gunner's lottery
    S&W 638 .38 :: Sig P229 :: Ruger MkIII :: VEPR K 5.45x39 AK-74 :: Mosin Nagant M44 :: Hi-Point 995 9mm (shoulder fired pistol)

Wow, that is awesome. My dad saved his brass for years and gave it all to me when I started reloading, but there wasn't nearly that much. Most of it was .38 and .357. (a few 100) Quite a bit of 30-30, and 80 .308, with around 40 30-06, some 30 carbine too.

The amounts you have listed are just like winning the lottery these days.

I'm needing some more 30-06 brass and am actually contemplating buying it. Oh. . . . perish the thought. I hate to buy brass when I know that there are people out there somewhere throwing it away or giving it away, like I did for many years myself.

Glad to hear someone is catching a break. Congrats.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Yea I know I hit the lottery.

SgtD, once I actually get some time to fully process through this I will be looking to trade some of the brass off because I don't own any firearms in them and don't want to gear up on reloading them. .30-06 just happens to be one of those calibers, so I will let you know.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    Yea I know I hit the lottery.

SgtD, once I actually get some time to fully process through this I will be looking to trade some of the brass off because I don't own any firearms in them and don't want to gear up on reloading them. .30-06 just happens to be one of those calibers, so I will let you know.
    Sounds good to me. Just PM me if you want to work something out.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Links